Script for login or open company files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Script for login or open company files

Has anyone used script to open login screen or company files?

3 REPLIES 3
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,453Posts

42Kudos

152Solutions

Re: Script for login or open company files

Hi @Casperpng 

Thank you for your post. Generally, if you’re using MYOB AccountRight there’s no script that you need to use if you have access to the file. You’ll just need to follow the following steps below to be able to log in or open the company file: 

1. Start AccountRight. The Welcome window appears.
  2. Click Open a Company File. The Library Browser appears.
  3. Locate the file you want to open. 
  4. If prompted, enter your two-factor authentication code.
  5. Double-click the file you want to open.
  6. If the Sign in window shown below appears, enter your company file sign-in details. 
  7. Click OK and your file will open.

You may also have a look at this Help Article: Open a company file that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you on this.

However, if you’re having difficulties on the steps, for us to assist you further, we just wanted to clarify some information. Are you having some issues accessing your company file? May I know as well if you’re getting an error message when opening a login screen on your MYOB Account?

Feel free to response so we can assist you further. 

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shella_A 

My client has several company files. For example one user X can access several company files which he is a user with appropriate user credentials.

My client wants to see if a script can be run to show only the company files the user has access to displayed so he can user his user credentials than having to select the company file before hand. 

Casper 

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,453Posts

42Kudos

152Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

Thank you for your response. Regarding the script, there's none that we can provide as the one I provided you on my first response is the only way we can check what file we have access to. Other way is if that file of your client is online, they can see those file they have an access with by signing in to app.myob.com and clicking the Business Name at the top right corner then choose Switch business option, this step will show your client business she/has an access with. 

You may have a look at this Help Article: Managing your MYOB account and using multiple businesses that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post