CarolineP
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sorting by date transaction entered

Hi,  How can I view or sort transactions by the date they were entered into MYOB?  (Not the date of the transaction).  For example, say if I physically paid for an item from a supplier on 18/08/2019.  Then on 20/08/19 I turned on my computer and entered the transaction details into MYOB, with relevant details and a purchase date of 18/08/2019.  During the same session, I enter a number of other transactions into MYOB.  Is it possible to produce a report of the transactions I entered into MYOB on the 20/08/2019 by time of entry?  The Transaction Journal "All" tab previously displayed transactions by order of entry (in a previous version of MYOB), however now it seems to be ordered by the transaction date.  I find sorting by date of entry useful when performing checks and looking for transactions that I just entered, etc.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sorting by date transaction entered

Hi @CarolineP 

Within AccountRight 201X you could look at running the Journal Security report. This report records all of the changes to the transaction journal within a specific calendar date range, so this may be one way for you to review all of the transactions entered in on a particular day or date range

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CarolineP
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Next question...   How do I run the Journal Security report?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CarolineP 

The Journal Security report can be found under the Accounts tab in the Index to Reports. It is right near the bottom of that list of reports under the Security and Audit section. This report requires you to select two different filters, the date of the transaction and the date of the session.

The session date refers to the calendar date of when the transaction was entered, deleted or changed, whilst the transaction date is the date on the transaction itself

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CarolineP
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you.  That is exactly what I'm chasing.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post