Technical Support - Disgraceful for the amount we pay!

Experienced Cover User LizBeth
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Technical Support - Disgraceful for the amount we pay!

MYOB you are an absolute disgrace when it comes to the apparent "support" that we all have the now locked-in-privilege of PAYING for, especially now with the govt changes.

Or even - shock, horror - actually getting the service that we are all forced to pay monthly for!

MYOB, the "business software", paid for by business owners where OUR time is money yet we are faced with technical staff from MYOB's highest (apparent) level - Support Tier 2 - who tell their clients they can't wait for a file to back up (AFTER THEY INSTRUCT THE CLIENT TO BACKUP prior to next steps) and that they will "ring back in 10 minutes". Disgraceful.  And you can guess the answer of whether they ring back.  It doesn't matter that the entire call had been passed around three departments over 1.5hrs to staff who, despite being given an INC reference number, don't have the brains or desire to help. 

When a file is sent in to be "repaired" the emails sent out are apparently "generic" and its a case of "oh, don't do that, that's just generic..". Absolutely disgraceful.  A "repair" department that is completely unreachable and instead – emails with instructions that go absolutely nowhere with the support telephone number listed to ring - to techs apparent who are clueless as to what has been done in the “repaired” file.  And round and round it goes… because as business owners, this is most definitely our favourite pastime, telling our MYOB fault stories over and over because we don’t have clients to look after so that we can then pay extortionate fees for nothing more than tax tables and staying compliant.

Disgusting.

17 REPLIES 17
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,054 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,054Posts

4,414Kudos

4,794Solutions

Re: Technical Support - Disgraceful for the amount we pay!

Hi @LizBeth 

I'm sorry to hear that you have had that experience with our phone-based team and getting your company file repaired by our Data File Repair team. If you do have an enquiry you are always welcome to post on this Community Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

From what I understand, you did encounter an error when attempting to delete a quote, after further investigating with the phone-based team we have identified that the company file needs to come in for investigation from our data file repair.

As with all AccountRight 2019 files that are sent in for data file repair, we do repair the company file that you do send into us initially. Once repaired, we send that company file back to the user to restore the company file and verify that the issue has been resolved. After that has occurred, our data file repair team will be able to arrange for the company file to come in for the same resolution.

In your case,  I can see that the company file has uploaded on 06/11. Our team did investigate that file and returned a potential repair copy via backup through an FTP account on 11/11 for you to ensure that you can review the company file. We do recommend that you restore that company file locally (File>>Restore and select to restore that company file into a library on your computer). By restoring that company file locally, you are not impacting the online company file that may have data was entered after the original company file being sent in. If that company file is restored locally and does work as intended then we can arrange for the more current company file to come in.

If you haven't used the online company file while we have had that company file you are welcome to take that backup file and restore it into the cloud (File>>Restore>>Restore Online using AccountRight Live). What this process will do take the backup file i.e. the restored file and replace the current online copy of the company file. So you want to use this process at this stage ONLY if you HAVEN'T used the online file while we have it. I understand that you have restored the file and were selecting to upload it, you want to restore that backup file into the cloud - uploading it again will prompt for a second subscription as the system will view that backup file as a separate file.

Just in addition to the error you have experienced with deleting a quote, we did run some additional scripts over the company file, which is a standard process for all our data file repairs. This is to ensure that any repairs over the company file do ensure the integrity and balance of the file. In your case, I understand that we did identify a potential issue that could occur in the future with account balances. Our team have also addressed that issue by recalculating the balance of the accounts in the background. You may not see a change from the front end (what you can see in your company file) as the account balance attempt to future proof issues from arising in the future.

Should you require further assistance with your data file repair or have any further enquires you are welcome to let us know. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

The solution offered was moot because I was always able to delete a quote OFFLINE.  I am also unable to "test" the "fixed" file online as requested in the apparent generic email instructions that I received becuase the "fixed" file is asking for a subscription.  This simple query could not be answered by your support team and in particular "Sam" who said he had anxiety because I kept asking this question and after telling me to backup he said he had to attend to other calls and would ring me back - right in the middle of his first offered steps after 1.5hrs of being passed around - then, just as my file finished backing up - he disappeared!  No calls back!

As well, my ORIGINAL reason for ringing MYOB support was to sort out a timeout issue and after applying all the recommended steps and changing the HUxley exe file etc with the support person on the phone, downloading SE edition, installing it, we had the same issue so they asked me to send my file in. This was NOT even addressed in the return emails.  My Windows SQL and network frame are all up to date.

All the SE edition did was stop me from reporting Payroll the next day so I uninstalled it and went back to my original. 

As well - and I dearly hope you record your calls - the support staff member who asked me send my file in specifically told me that we could use my file while MYOB had it because they only had a copy and that if anything was to occur we would be informed first.  This bit of information has caused me to PAY our bookkeepers for work that now has to be re-entered and PAID to do so.  Not her money right?

This is a disgrace and I never use support because I am technically minded but I can't help with program errors and MYOB AR 2019.3 is full of bugs that I'm already working around.  They told me my file is too big - yet they can't offer a solution to purge some older info.

This is urgent and the apparent support that we are all locked into now comes in the form of a community noticeboard?  Do you tell your new customers this little pearler when they sign up?

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Why hasn't anybody rung me back to work out a solution because I have work waiting to be entered!! The 10 minutes apparent from yesterday is long gone! Disgraceful.  This is urgent!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,054 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,054Posts

4,414Kudos

4,794Solutions

Hi @LizBeth 

I'm in the process go reaching out to our Data File Repair team to see if they can action anything further with regards to your company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Can somebody please ring me URGENTLY to sort this out. I'm completly OVER having to tell my story three times just to be placed into another queue with support staff who have absolutely no idea what to do.

We need to enter work to stay compliant with ATO!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,054 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,054Posts

4,414Kudos

4,794Solutions

Hi @LizBeth 

I do appreciate that this matter is of great urgency to yourself and you would like to resolve it as soon as possible. I'm working through our channels to ensure that we do contact you as soon as possible either with a callback or a direct email. However, as the team is typically an inbound based team I'm unable to find an exact time frame for when that will occur.

Perhaps as the error doesn't occur locally, checking out the file and deleting the quote could be a temporary solution if you would wish to go down that path and resolve that particular case in the short term.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

That is what I've always done with the quotes - but what's the point in that when our bookkeepers are waiting to enter information online? I refuse to pay them twice again!

In other words - I have had to check out the file just to delete quotes then synchronise.

Is the online file in a state to start using again??  Simple questions that are costing me money to just have answered!

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

There is absolutely no point in uploading the "fixed" file correct? When it offered no solution different to what I was already able to do? 

Am I able to just continue working on my current online file while you try and find a solution for us?

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

As I have again had no response and I am also stuck in the phone queue waiting to ask the same question:

"Are we able to use our online file or not while you work out a solution?"

We cannot wait any longer so I am going to continue to use our online file - so any applied "fixes" in the file that has been sent back to me will now become void as it won't be uploaded by us - as already stated - it wasn't a fix anyway since we were always able to delete a quote offline!

This is an absolute disgrace on the time spent just to answer a simple question and to be charged monthly for this type of"support" that we never use and on the odd occasion we need to use due to program errors that we can't fix ourselves.  As business owners, our time is MONEY and I hope anyone reading this and considering MYOB as their accounting software runs as fast as they can! And yeah.. I get that you're moderating this thread as it tells the raw and honest truth about what your paying clients really experience.

Please let me know when support staff will get back to us on our urgent situation.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post