1 Post
Cover User
GaryAllenStorm
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Trasnferring All Data Over from MYOB Accounting V15

My Dad has an IMAC with MYOB Accounting V15.

He is looking to purchase the new start pack monthly for 20$ per month and transfer evgerything over. We are unsure of how to transfer everything over to a new computer PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5386Posts

805Kudos

762Solutions

Re: Trasnferring All Data Over from MYOB Accounting V15

Hi @GaryAllenStorm

MYOB Accounting v15 is Windows-based software though you could use the same file on a Mac using AccountEdge, see: Moving older company files between Windows and Mac

I'm not sure what the "$20 starter pack is" though, I'm assuming this is just going to AccountRight 20XX.X. In which case, it would be a matter of getting your MYOB file to the new PC and then going through the upgrade process which can be outlined here: Upgrading to the new AccountRight

If I'm mistaken, could you give me a link to where the $20 starter pack is? This way I can be sure of what the destination product is and give a bit more detailed steps.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Experienced User Elizabeth_Adamson
318 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson
Experienced User

318Posts

150Kudos

12Solutions

Re: Trasnferring All Data Over from MYOB Accounting V15

I have been able to copy the whole programme folder for old versions (back to MYOB V12) from old computers to new computers, and they still work. I don't know if this will be the same from an IMAC but if it is actually a PC version on there as mentioned by Hayden, it may work on the Windows system. Once the folder is copied over, find the MYOB.exe file and create a desktop shortcut to use this to open the file. The links to MS Office don't work but there are workarounds for this such as send to text file or disk (pdf). This will save you a lot of frustration and money as the new versions are very slow and expensive and still have a lot of unresolved bugs.

Cheers

Liz

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post