4 Posts
User
AcctTony

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to find MYOB file to upgrade

We have the 2019 vision MYOB installed recently, so I want to upgrade the company file to the newest mode. However, MYOB seems not recognising it's own file. Showing in following snip.1.JPG

I found the file location, and I can see the file. But in the second window, it's now showing up. 

As an accountant, I used so many systems includeing ERP system. MYOB is not one of my favourite. 

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
6,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

6029Posts

965Kudos

857Solutions

Re: Unable to find MYOB file to upgrade

Hi @AcctTony 

Looking in the bottom left of your last screenshot, it's not looking for *.myox files which is why it's not displaying.

If you're trying to upgrade from 1 20xx.x version to another (IE: 2018.4 to 2019.1) using the Upgrade button on the Welcome Window is not the way to do this as this is purely designed for the Classic releases such as V19 and below.

To do the upgrade on the new releases, you try and open the file in the newest version. So if you close AccountRight, then Re-Open and choose Open a Company File. Try opening the file directly from here and it should request the upgrade to that version you are opening in.

Let me know if you're still having problems with this one.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

AcctTony
4 Posts
User
AcctTony

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Hayden_B ,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried different format on the bottom right. But nothing is showing up. But if you say the upgrade funtion in welcome window is not for 2018.4 vision, it may be the reason. I have tried to open the file from 2019 vision, but this is the message I got.

1.JPG

And I think I do have administrator role.2.JPG

And I can't login to my.myob, so I can't check if i'm the admin for the accountright.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
6,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

6029Posts

965Kudos

857Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @AcctTony 

The good news is we know what needs to be done here, there needs to be a listed Online Administrator to log in with 2019.1 to upgrade the file.

Unfortunately Online Administrators are set up in my.MYOB and not in the company file itself and we'd need to get access in order to change this or see who else is there. The Administrator Role in the User Access window is solely for control over the data itself and not any Online-based access like upgrading.

If you're not sure who would have access to this, we'd need someone with access to the CRM to find out. I lost my access since the Upgrade as I'm not in support anymore and won't be able to help out on this stage, but you can reach out to the support team to try and find out (After a security check of course).

You can reach the support team by either the Phone Line or LiveChat, the number and link to the Chat system should be on: www.myob.com/contactus

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

AcctTony
4 Posts
User
AcctTony

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Hayden_B ,

Thanks for your information. I will seek help from your support team. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post