Unable to purge old transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PDW
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to purge old transactions

We are currently in the process of converting from AccountRight Enterprise v19.15 to AccountRight 2019.2.

As part of this we are trying to clean up our existing v19.15 company file as much as possible beforehand, including removing any unused payroll categories, bank accounts, etc.

Unfortunately there are a number of very old transactions (up to 16 years old), mainly purchases, that I have not been able to purge from the file that are preventing the old payroll categories and bank accounts from being removed (when I try, I get a message such as "A wages category that is being used on a paycheque may not be deleted", or "An account with journal entries may not be deleted.")

In addition to purging transactions when I have rolled over the financial year, I have also tried purging transactions prior to a certain date directly from the File menu (e.g. from the Purchases Command Centre), but the old transactions remain in the company file.

The problem only relates to some transactions and only between June 2003 and August 2009.

Will all of these old transactions be carried over to AR 2019.2 and, if so, is there a way that I can purge these old transactions so that we can complete a proper cleanup before we start the conversion?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: Unable to purge old transactions

Hi @PDW 

To remove unwanted list records i.e. accounts, payroll categories, jobs... you do need to remove the transactions associated with those records. For example, you can't remove an account if that account has been used on a transaction and that transaction exists in the company file.

If you are looking at removing old list records you want to look into the transactions you want to remove first. As such, you would be looking at running the relevant report that will show you the transaction. For accounts, the Account Transactions [Accrual] report would need to be run for that particular account for an extended date range i.e. 01/01/1900 to a more current date. 

Once you have determined the transactions you would need to purge in order to delete that list record you can go the associated Command Centre for those transactions and go File>>Purge. For example, say purchase transactions are showing in the Account Transactions [Accrual] report you want to go the Purchases Command Centre and select File>>Purged Closed Bills.

If you are finding that the purchase is not being purged then you would need to ensure that the transaction is closed, the transaction is in a previous financial year and that the supplier is selected in the Purged Closed Bills window. Do ensure that you are selecting to Purge Entire Bill when purging as well. 

For more information on purging information in AccountRight v19 Support Note: Purging information that is no longer needed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
PDW
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to purge old transactions

Steven,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried purging the old transactions via the Command Centre (I have run every purge from every Command Centre to be sure), and the old transactions have still not been removed.

I have confirmed that the transactions are closed, they are all from several financial years ago (2003 - 2009), I have selected 'Purge Entire Bill', and the suppliers are selected in the Purge Closed Bills window, but still no luck.

As per my original post, it only affects a limited number of transactions (approx. 70 transactions across 5 years), the rest have been purged successfully.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post