Norm0811
4 Posts
User
Norm0811

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Updating to AR2019 for STP

We have decided to move to the new version of Myob, however we have a couple of queries that I need answered before we go ahead.

Firstly I need to confirm that we can run the new version via the server (offline) and still use the STP function.

Secondly we run two companies with payroll requiring STP (hence the move to AR2019) but we also run another 5 sub-companies and I am wondering how many companies we can run on the MYOB account right premier subscription?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,788 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10788Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Re: Updating to AR2019 for STP

HI @Norm0811 

To report through STP, the file does not need to be online. That said the file does need to have an active internet connection to be able to report through to the ATO.

If you were running AccountRight Premier, this would give you two company files that have access to the live services, like bank feeds, STP reporting and storing the file on the cloud. If you had other files under the serial number that required access to the live services, you would need an additional subscription for each file. We do offer discounts on additional file subscriptions if you require them

In contrast files that didn’t need access to the live services wouldn’t need an associated subscription.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Norm0811
4 Posts
User
Norm0811

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Neil

Thank you for the clarification.

Just one more confirmation, your comment about files not requiring access to live services not needing an associated subscription?  Does that mean I can use the AccountRight Premier Subscription to run the 5 other companies as long as I do not require the live services?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,788 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10788Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Hi @Norm0811 

As you were on AccountRight v19 or earlier, I’m assuming you are on a perpetual licence. A perpetual licence means that you purchased the software outright at some point previously. For all the files under a perpetual licence serial number they can be run locally in AccountRight 201X without access to live services without issue. They will still require periodic confirmation, however if you had 1 subscription and 6 files, as long as 5 of those files remained local and didn’t use live services you could still use all 6 files.

For these files if you did want live services, like STP reporting, cloud storage and bank feeds to name a couple, you would need a subscription for each file.

In contrast if you were on a subscription licence, which is where you haven’t purchased the software outright but are paying a monthly subscription to use it, every file needs a corresponding subscription. So if you wanted to have 6 files, either offline or stored on the cloud you would need 6 subscriptions, however each of these files would be able to access the live services

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post