Australia
Craig_West
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade Password Error

I’m upgrading a Premier v19.15 company file to 2018.4.1.

I installed the AccountRight 2018 SE version on a client station, as wanted the flexibility to share and test the file on the LAN.

I created a copy of the original file to test the upgrade first.

I placed the copy in the directory “C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\”.

I optimised and verified the file prior to upgrade.

I confirmed logon using the administrator user ID and password, prior to upgrade.

I ran AccountRight 2018 SE and chose to upgrade the above file Offline.

After entering the same Administrator password I received the message “Error, Incorrect User ID or Password, Please try again”.

Can you please assist.

Regards,

Craig W.

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,415 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2415Posts

1857Kudos

353Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Upgrade Password Error

Hi Craig,

I am not clear where exactly you are getting this error, if it is at the commencement of the upgrade, this is unusual, ensure Administrator is typed correctly.

If it is when you try to open the upgraded file, bear in mind that the password in AR2018 is case sensitive, unlike v19. The other thing is the length of the password might be the issue. In v19 the password limit is 11 characters, however you can enter a longer password, MYOB v19 will simply ignore the extra character you type. For example say you enter 123456789012345 (15 characters) as the password in v19. Everytime you log in and enter 123456789012345, MYOB simply ignores the last 4 characters and will let you in. Also if you enter just 12345678901, MYOB will let you in. So once you upgrade to AR2018, if your password was greater than 11 characters, try entering just the first 11.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Gavin

Contributing User Craig_West
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Craig_West
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrade Password Error

Thankyou Gavin,

The password was longer than 11 chars, I entered only the first 11 and the migration proceeded.

All the best for the New Year.

Regards,

Craig W.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post