Upgrade from V19 to Current

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User MichelleWSL
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade from V19 to Current

NEED HELP

We have two files we are trying to upgrade from V19 to the current version 2018.4SE - offline

Both of our files start the upgrade process and crash with the message somethings gone wrong and MYOB needs to close at the point of the upgrade reaching Checking Contraints.  One of the files reaches this point afte about 50 minutes and the other one reaches it after about 5 hours.  

We have tried several times over the past two weeks to upgrade these files with the same result.  Is there any way we can send you our backupfiles and have you upgrade?  We need to be STP ready now by the 31st March.

Note we are using the SE version as it is located on the server and accessed by users through Remote desktop services.

Michelle

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Re: Upgrade from V19 to Current

Hi @MichelleWSL 

It is difficult to determine what the issue is without reading the logs when it attempts to Migrate. That said I haven't encountered a "Something's gone wrong" error from the Migration assistant before as this normally just ends and captures the details in the Migration Log.

If this throws the same error as this: Error: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close

Could you please post the Error Log here so that we can view the details of the error and look into why it might be failing?

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Hayden

It is the message Account Right needs to close and I would post you the log but it had an error when I tried to open the log as well

Michelle

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @MichelleWSL 

There should still be a copy of the Error Log on the PC that we can take a look at, if you go to: Documents > MYOB, there should be a errorLog.txt file there that should contain the details from the last "Something's gone wrong" error.

errorLog.png

If this exists, could you post this so we can take a look? You can use the Choose File button when replying to a post to upload attachments.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Hayden

The log is not in my documents as I am not running it on a PC it is on a server

I have seached the server for an error log and can not locate one, however I have located a migration log that said the migration was successful, then I located my two new files  but when I attempted to open/add file to library  with 2018.4 I received the message Account Right needs to close again and when I click on the log details it does not produce anything.  See screenshot and migration log

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @MichelleWSL 

My suspicion is that these files were not correctly migrated and the files that exist are broken. Though to confirm this theory, could you please post the Diagnostic Log?

This might be capturing something that can explain the issue.

To find the Diagnostic Log:
1. Open your Start Menu
2. Type: %localappdata%
3. Open the %localappdata% folder:
temp.png
4. Open the MYOB Folder.
5. Open the AccountRight Folder.
6. Open the Version folder (E.g: 2018.4)
7. Open the Diagnostics Folder.
8. Copy the Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get to it easier.

You can use the Choose file button on the Reply page to add files to your post as attachments.

If this continues to fail we can arrange for the file to come in for a manual migration.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Hayden

Log attached

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @MichelleWSL 

Thank you for this, it looks like it was able to capture the reason for this issue with this event:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Sharded Folders\MYOB\.imports\REPACK.myox'.

From the "Sharded Folders" aspect, this sounds like it's trying to place the file somewhere outside the defaults. Out of curiosity, are you upgrading the file directly on the same computer or choosing to place the file on the Server via a Network Library or any other directory other than the defaults?

It simply looks like the software can't find that location and the fix seems as simple as putting the file in the right place. Let me know how this was set up.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Hayden

Not sure about the original set up with the installation of the new programme as that was done by out IT support,  Perhaps I will give re-locating the files to the library location and let you know

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Hayden

I have moved one of the updated files I located into the same location as the Sample files and have successfully opened it in the 2018.4

I will now confirm that I can do so with the other file and close off this chat if I can

Thanks for your help

Michelle

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post