Upgraded to 2022.5 and lost all data for the last month

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgraded to 2022.5 and lost all data for the last month

help - myob accountright premier automatically updated to 2022.5 today and for no apparent reason i have lost all my data from the 26th of May, I cannot even find the entries i did yesterday.  I have hard copies of bank reconciliation reports showing entries were made but they have just disappeared.

I tried to restore from back up and still cannot find these entries.

Have had much problems with 2022.4 as well, locked out of my files and could not open them without moving them from the previous "network library" directory, cause i had it set to a custom location.  I could only make the last version work by using the myob defaul path for libraries.

Very frustrating since ive had not problems for 10 years up until the 2022.4 update.

10 REPLIES 10
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Upgraded to 2022.5 and lost all data for the last month

Hi @nth_88 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with upgrading company file to 2022.5. 

The software upgrade doesn't have the ability to remove data from your company file, if the upgraded file you are using doesn't have all the work entered then the file upgraded was not the up-to-date one. 

I'd suggest doing a full search for .myox files on your workstation as well as on the server computer (since you had network library set up) for the up-to-date company file. Also when opening company files I'd suggest avoid using the 'Recently opened company files' shortcut list for the time being, instead go to Open a company file - select My Library or Network Library to see all files listed to avoid confusion.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

upon further investigation, every file has lost data from the 24th may, every entry since then has disappeared.  This is ridiculous.

I have emails sent from MYOB system directly e.g. payslips on the 9th june, but those pays have disappeared.

nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have 3 company files, and all 3 have lost data from exactly the same date.

I am the only user and the administrator of the server.

I always use the same link.

How is it the same recently opened files short cut works up until yesterday and today links to files that have lost data from the same date??

Is there an australian help phone number, the 1st consultant sino transferred me to AREA person called amber who put me on hold then just hung up.  

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @nth_88 

Thanks for the update.

The recently opened files shortcut list does not update accordingly if there are changes to the company files, such as file moved, name changed, library location changed etc, the shortcut will only use the exact same path and file name as last used. Since these links aren't pointing to the up-to-date file, for troubleshooting purposes please do not use these links, please use Open a company file then select the library to view all files currently listed in the current library location. 

Since all 3 company files only contains data up to the same date, I suspect it may be related to the library location change when you did the last version upgrade, which would be in May. Possibly the 3 files you are looking at now are the old files in a different/previous library location, while the v2022.4 up-to-date files are stored at a different location. When opening files from the My Library list it only lists files in the current library directory. This is why I'd suggest doing full search of .myox files on the computer used to locate the files. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

yes that phone number is not helpful, 3 people hung up on me and the 4th person's best solution was to re enter all my data.

Ok your advice makes sense, and i will investigate but then why does all my backups exhibit exactly the same problem?  I was working on the file yesterday (pre 2022.5), i know i made entries, i restored from yesterdays backup and it is missing data from exactly the same date 24th may all the way to yesterday i.e. no data from yesterday.  I restored several backups to see (as i backup every day) and they are all missing data from 24th May.  

nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

And thank you you were right, i finally found the files at the old default library location and have moved back to my custom library directory path.  Data was in them.

But i still dont understand why it didnt write to the backups. Regardless data found thank you.

Help phone line was completely useless.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @nth_88 

After restoring from a backup zip, if you then use the 'Recently opened company files' link to open then it's not accessing the restored files, it's merely opening the same file you last accessed. 

It's great that you have a backup file from yesterday, when restoring from it I'd editing the restored file name to something unique, then browse to My Library list to open the restored file:

image.png

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

nth_88
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

OK good advice noted

thanks again

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @nth_88 

Ah that's great to hear! I missed your last post when I was writing my reply above, very glad to hear that you've already found the correct files!

Please feel free to browse and post on the forum at any time whenever you have questions, I hope this can be a valuable resource for you.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post