Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

129Posts

101Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrading From Accountright Premier 19.15 to Accountright 2018.2

But wait, there's more...

• Still can't turn off the dollar signs (ticking or unticking the box in Preferences makes no difference)
  • A mysterious Valaidation Exception error turned out to be that the "FRE" tax code (that I have been using for 25 years in MYOB version 3 through to AR 19.15) associated with transactions such as bank fees is apparently not acceptable to AR 2014.4.1
  • I have always over-ridden the automatic tansaction number for Account Fees with the word BANKFEE in the "Classic" versions of MYOB software. Apparently this is now taboo.
  • Why does the ToDo List not auto-refresh when you enter a new transaction? This is most annoying when you have to constantly hit the little green circular arrow button to update lists as you enter transactions.
  • Slow. Even with the unexpected purging of thousands of old transactions, AR 2018.4.1 is MUCH slower than AR 19.15. Has anyone measured the negative effect on productivity that comes with software slowness?

For now, I am still running AR 19.15 and AR 2018.4.1 side by side, but it is very time consuming entering every transaction twice. I have found a few of the new features of AR 218.4.1 to my liking, but they are far outweighed by the negatives as I (and others) have described.

I am now open to suggestions on what to do about Single Touch Payroll for our 3 person micro business. 

Ray Jordan
Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
605 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

605Posts

381Kudos

12Solutions

Hi @RayJordan

I feel your frustration with AR2018.

I am finding more and more issues each day. 

If the next version v2019. which does fix the importing of Customer Invoice Payments Smiley Happy doesn't address some of the serious design flaws & bugs that in AR2018, I will be jumping ship come the 1st of July.  

Regards

Andrew

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

Hi Ray

Please feel free to PM me for other possible solutions but also note that I have previously posted the below from the ATO website:

Employers with 19 or less employees

Legislation to extend Single Touch Payroll to include employers with 19 or less employees is currently before parliament.

For now, you can choose to report through STP. Talk to your software provider to find out what you need to do to update your software and start reporting.

We won't force employers with 19 or less employees to purchase payroll software if they don’t currently use it. Different STP reporting options will be available by 1 July 2019 to help smaller employers.

Micro employers (1–4 employees)

We have asked software developers to build low-cost STP solutions at or below $10 per month for micro employers – including simple payroll software, mobile phone apps and portals.

We have received over 20 expressions of interest (EOI) from software developers and will publish a register of the successful EOIs we have received by 30 November 2018.

Micro employers will also have a number of alternate options that are not available to employers with 20 or more employees – such as initially allowing your registered tax or BAS agent to report quarterly, rather than each time you run your payroll.

Exemptions to STP reporting will also be available if you have no internet or an unreliable connection.

Cheers

Liz

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

The other option is to just run your payroll with the new version and journal the balances back into v19.15. This also negates the need for new tax tables in v19.15 once support lapses.

Cheers

Liz

Experienced Cover User RayJordan
129 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

129Posts

101Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that Liz.

Now back to even more issues I've uncovered with AR 2018.4.1 ... 

Just now I was generating a Purchase Order from the Stock Alert tab of the To Do List. This is a process we do frequently and it works perfectly in AR 19.15 and all previous "Classic" versions.

I am still running AR 19.15 and AR 2014.4.1 in parallel (but not for much longer I fear...).

The PO generated in AR 19.15 has 24 lines and includes the appropriate Volume Discount.

The PO generated in AR 2014.4.1 has only 18 lines and the discount column has all zeros instead of 4%.

It appears that the 6 missing lines all have on thing in common. They have zero in the "Minimum Level for Restocking Alert" field on the Item card. But they in the Stock Alert tab because we have customer Orders for those items already entered.

Now I have to figure out exactly which items are missing from the AR 2014.4.1 PO. This is not easy since both versions generate the POs with items in a different order. AR 19.15 generates based on alphabetical Item Description. AR 2014.4.1 generates based on some seeming randomness that I can't figure out. And neither PO can be re-ordered in any way to make it easier to read. (Here's a hint - being able to re-order the items on a PO based on Item Number would make a lot of sense).

I'm pretty sure this was flagged as an issue way back at about AR 2012.

Ray Jordan
605 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

605Posts

381Kudos

12Solutions

Hi @RayJordan

I stopped everyone using the Stock Alerts Tab in AR2018.4 after so much stock got missed from our first weeks orders done using AR2018.4

We used two methods in v19 to do our weekly orders.

1) Stock Alerts Tab (many items got missed)
2) Manual Order by bring up the Stock listed based on a group of stock codes and ordering based on the current on hand qty.

After our stock on hand levels were way wrong (see my previous post) and we endered up ordering $20k extra stock we now walk around and physically check the shelf and bulk stock locations.  What took me 60 minutes on a Sunday evening takes me 3 hours on a Monday.

Just another case where things  just worked in v19 and just don't in AR2018.4

We over 3000 items, these methods have served us well for many years not any more.
Was really hoping it would make life easier, being able to see (and sort) by supplier.

129 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

129Posts

101Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew,

I feel your pain. Luckily (for me) I'm still entering all transactions in both programs. And based on this latest snafu (see below) I think I'm about to ditch AR 2018.4.1....

As an aside, we run, as of today, 4070 Items in our list.

So I just decided I would look at the Autobuild Report for one of the items we manufacture. The report in AR 19.15 looks fairly similar to the report in AR 2014.4.1 but for one very important detail:

One of the component items is currently out of stock and here is how the two programs handle that:

• AR 19.15 - shows zero On Hand of that component and uses last purchase price in the column labelled Average Cost
    This actually a good thing because since there is a number there, the total cost is calculated. 
  • AR 2018.4.1 - shows N/A for the Average Cost of that component. Therefore, the total cost also shows N/A. What's the point? I now have to get out my calculator and manually add up the Average Cost of every single component (multiplied by the number of each required). 

Why am I paying for computer software that is supposed to do that for me?

Oh by the way, still waitng for a response from @Hayden_B to my personal message containing all the requested information from over a week ago.

Ray Jordan
129 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

129Posts

101Kudos

0Solutions

But wait, there's even more....

I was just entering an Order for a customer (in both AR 19.15 and AR 2018.4.1). This customer's Card has a blank Sale Comment field.  

In AR 19.15, the Comment field on the Order was correctly blank.

In AR 2018.4.1, the Comment field on the Order had some text in it. Puzzling.

But not so puzzling when I realised that the previous Order I entered was for a customer for whom we have a standard Sale Comment in their Card. AR 2018.4.1 had just auto-filled that field from whatever was in the previous Order. Unexpected carry-overs are Bad. Bad. Bad.

Ray Jordan
605 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

605Posts

381Kudos

12Solutions

Hi @RayJordan

We have the same issue but in both v19.15 and AR2018.4.1

We use the comment field for the Consingment number for shipments.

We finish if we manually enter a Consingment number we find it will remembers that value.

Its a real pain if we don't realise when enter the next invocie(s) as it will auto fill in that value.

Worst I came across a new staff member entered a invoice to be shipped out, then the next 20 counter sales all had the same consingment number (comment)

Its something that we have just lived with for the past 18+ years.

It would be great if it can be fixed.

I am guessing the developers only initalise the comment variable once when the V19 or AR2018 is started as it remember the last entered value until its cleared when creating an invoice (doesnt have any effect if you clear when editing and invoice) or close V19 or AR2018.

Regards

Andrew

129 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

129Posts

101Kudos

0Solutions

And another thing...

Recurring transaction reminders: we have a number of Recurring Sales that we do weekly. We have each one set to to do a Reminder one day in advance.

AR 19.15 works faultlessly and has done for years.

AR 2018.4.1 does not show those Recurring Sales one day in advance.

I am still running the two progams in paralel which allows me to make these comparisons in real time and in real day to day situations. The comparisons are generally unfavourable to AR 2018.4.1.

Ray Jordan
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post