Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrading From Accountright Premier 19.15 to Accountright 2018.2

And some more things....

On the Reminders topic. I processed the Recurring Sales transactions even though they did not come up as Reminders on the required one day in advance (as they do correctly in AR 19.15). Guess what - on the following day they all came up as Reminders (even though I had already processed them) and showed negative 7 days (that is, due next week). I pressed Remind When Due and they disappeared. Will they come up correctly next week? That seems to be anyone's guess...

When creating a new Purchase in AR 2018.4.1, the column widths revert to the default, no matter what you may have previously set them to. Once saved and then re-opened, the column widths are magically set to the user defined settings. When creating a new Sale, the column widths are immediately at the user defined settings.

Signing in. If your file is online, the first step of getting started each morning is signing into your personal online MYOB account before entering your user password for the actual program. How secure is that, having your employees having to first sign into my online MYOB account before using their own credentials to open AccountRight 2018.4.1?

Working offline. This is unexpected, but the program runs much slower offline than online. Repopulating the To Do List takes 3 to 4 times as long when working offline. Lots of time wasted sitting there looking at the little rotating circle on the screen.

Ray Jordan
Trusted Cover User AndrewStephen
217 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Trusted Cover User

217Posts

62Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @RayJordan

I feel your pain and I am glad I am not the only one having the issues as MYOB are basically telling me its all in my head and NO ONE ELSE is have the issues.

In relation to the speed, I found it much slower off line even through MYOB told me that was impossible.

Atleast, I can now point them to your post.

With regards to the sign in.
We have created mutiple logins accounts@ andrew@ jackie@ trade@ warehouse@ packing@ as I was keen on have a single sign in for everyone to use.

This is OK, execept all the accounts setup for 2FA on my phone (not jackie@).

This way they are not using my account.  Problem arises if not in the office when the 2FA 30 day has expired.  

Can confirm the issues with Recurring Sales and the column widths as we are having the same problems.

Regards

Andrew

Experienced Cover User RayJordan
100 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

After almost 4 weeks of running AR 2018.4.1 alongside AR 19.15, entering every single transaction into each program, I have finally given up on AR 2018.4.1. Too many software defects and annoyances, some of which I have described in detail in this thread. Others I have described in detail previously.

AR 19.15 Premier just works - fast. Sure it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of AR 2018.4, but I can do without the productivity loss trying to work with a slow clunky piece of software. I'm tired of watching that little rotating circle on the screen. 

I am extremely disappointed in MYOB. @Hayden_B has, 3 weeks later, still not responded to the personal message I sent him (at his request) with my account and login details.

Nobody else at MYOB has reached out in an attempt to assist in any way. I ask myself why I am paying an annual subscription? I don't seem to be getting much in return. I get a new tax table for AR 19.x every year. Great. I have spent many hours of my own (company) time evaluating and documenting most AR versions 2011.1 right through to 2018.4.1, in the hope that each successive version might finally be ready to use in a live business environment. Isn't MYOB supposed to be employing Sofware Quality Analysts to do that?

Ray Jordan
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4473Posts

698Kudos

648Solutions

Hi @RayJordan

I haven't checked back as I thought it would be more fruitful to come back with a proper answer however I haven't had any luck in getting an answer to why this has happened so far. I had given a bit of time between asking for more info on this to allow for when everyone has come back and also to catch up on a large backlog of troubles however still had not heard anything so far.

What I'm doing now is I'm re-sending my requests to a few people to see if I can get an answer. At this stage I can only really say I'm looking into it which I understand is not a response that you'd like to hear at this stage.

When I do hear something I will be in touch on this.

Experienced Cover User RayJordan
100 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User

100Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @Hayden_B,

You are right - your response is not what I wanted to hear. It's sounding a bit like "don't call us, we'll call you"...

Ray Jordan
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post