Upgrading from V19 to Current AR

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner Peter_Oliver
18 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrading from V19 to Current AR

When the upgrade fails, could we please have a LOG file to indicate the reasons why the upgrade failed.

For example, an attempted upgrade into 2019.1 with foreign currecy in v19 failed, and as far as I can see it should go through.  There must be some reason. The concern is that if it does not upgrade, is there something which will still prevent it in future 2019 versions.

The same issue may apply to others trying to get beyond v19.

Peter Oliver

Computing Solutions Ltd

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,186 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,186Posts

1,010Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrading from V19 to Current AR

Hi @Peter_Oliver 

If we're talking about an Offline Migration, there should be a Migration Log at the end of the Migration should it throw an exception.

Here's an example of if there's an issue during migration:

Migration-Failed.JPG

Print Log will open a Notepad window with the details of the failure. That said, the Migration Log should be present in the MYOB folder in the LocalAppData.

The location would be: %localappdata%\MYOB\AccountRight\<myob version>\MigrationLog.txt

Note that the Migration Log may be difficult to interpret for those unfamiliar with the software, feel free to post the Log to this forum if you would like another pair of eyes over it.

That said, there are also some checks in 2018.4 that help detect if there are any incompatible features that would stop the migration before it gets to this stage.

Such as Multi Currency:

Multi Currency.PNG

Note for Multi Currency we are currently only able to do Online Migrations, for information on this see our help article: Upgrading a Premier multi-currency company file

And if there are other features such as Multiple Inventory Locations or Negative Inventory:

Cant upgrade file.PNG

There might be some ways around this, see my post: Upgrading with Premier or Enterprise Features

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Partner Peter_Oliver
18 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Hayden.  I was doing an ONLINE upgrade from v19 into 2019.1

At the end of the process I got the message as you display below "Sorry we can't upgrade this file ...

The v19 file has multi currency but very simple entries.  There is no indication of what specifically prevents it from upgrading.  This is where a log file would be useful.

If I wait for 2019.2 will it upgrade then?  Or never?  As a partner and a developer it would be good to have the upgrade working.

Cheers, Peter

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,186 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,186Posts

1,010Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Peter_Oliver 

If this was with an Online Migration and you got the "Sorry, we can't upgrade this file" message. This comes up if it's detected the incorrect features at all and they cannot be removed, it should include the "Find out more" link which would explain it in a bit more detail.

My understanding is that there is no log produced as these types of data warning should not be worked around.

That said for which version can upgrade, I don't have that information just yet as we're still building 2019.2 but the aim is to have this ready before September 2019. I would expect at least a release of 2019.3 to be able to upgrade these however I am only speculating here.

As a Partner you should be notified as soon as we have a definitive answer to that question, this should be by email and we will also create posts on this Forum to alert you.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post