Upgrading from v19.5 to 2018.3 w/- multi-currency

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrading from v19.5 to 2018.3 w/- multi-currency

Given what has happened on the bank reconciliations, you won't want to "upgrade" yet but still having to pay for something you are not receiving is just a little bit sucky methinks.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @TourTech

At the moment if you have enabled the multi-currency preference in your AccountRight v19 file it cannot be upgraded into AccountRight 201X. That being said this is something that our team are working on to be able to offer a migration path for clients like yourself to be able to upgrade to the latest version of AccountRight 201X. Currently I do not have an exact timeframe of when this will be completed, and you will be able to upgrade your file beyond it being ready before 30 September 2019.

As mentioned turning on that multi-currency preference changes your file in the background. This change cannot be undone, even if you haven’t used multi-currency within the file for a number of years that change has still taken place within the file. Because of this change the files cannot currently be upgraded, however this is something our team are working on so that you will have this upgrade option possible in the future.

I have passed your comments onto our team for their consideration. I understand this is frustrating, however at the moment your options for upgrading are to either wait until the upgrade functionality becomes available, or to start a new file that doesn’t use multicurrency.  

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User MMSretail
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

138Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Toby,

Not that it helps, though I totally understand your frustration. As provider of business solutions Myob seems unable to grasp the 'costs' of these short comings in there approach to the release of new products and upgrades.

Perhaps it is a good time for users to get together as a "user group". The users are Myob, they should have a voice in how the product is developed and updated.

Cheers  ......  geoff
'

Contributing Cover User TourTech
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Elizabeth_Adamson

What has happened on the bank reconciliations ?

526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Presented transactions are no longer shaded making it extremely difficult to do the reconciliations - it is a bug regardless of what MYOB is saying. Private message me if you want some info on other possible solutions to STP as I have been told off for mentioning this sort of thing on the Forum. 

526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

I stand corrected - @Haydes has just admitted that it is a bug!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post