Urgent: Import errors with Items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Urgent: Import errors with Items

I'm getting the attached errors when importing Items into our Premier file.  They don't all appear to make sense when determining the problem.  The major problem is the Error 45 which refers to the 'Primary Supplier' field - it is exactly as the card file supplier name so shouldn't be causing a problem.  Please help as we can't do our re-ordering without this.

Capture.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Urgent: Import errors when importing Items

I'm getting the attached errors when importing Items into our Premier file.  They don't all appear to make sense when determining the problem.  The major problem is the Error 45 which refers to the 'Primary Supplier' field - it is exactly as the card file supplier name so shouldn't be causing a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as we can't do our re-ordering without this.

Capture.JPG
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Urgent: Import errors when importing Items

Hi @WMack 

Long standing bug in MYOB, while it allows a Supplier name of over 30 characters, when you try to import an Item if the Supplier name is over 30 chars it fails to match and therefore ignores the Supplier.

The item should still import as this is a Warning only. You will need to manually update the Supplier field.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Urgent: Import errors when importing Items

Thanks Gavin, appreciate your response.  I'm going to have to 'fudge' the relevant supplier names to get them in, then change when they're imported because I'm talking thousands of items!  I'll do a test run first but what a pain!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post