Australia
Susan_Murray
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

User to sign on with my.MYOB account

Hi,

I'm looking at AR 2018 - currently utilising AR v19 desktop.

There's a few things in setup - this query relates to the comment in User Access:

This user will sign on with my.MYOB account (Recommended).

Why is this recommended?

I'd like to understand the pros/cons before advising staff to do so as currently they only use the username/password to sign on.

Also will they be required to do the authenicator to log on every 30 days?

TIA

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,285 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9285Posts

994Kudos

1302Solutions

Re: User to sign on with my.MYOB account

Hi @Susan_Murray

When a user signs on and they have that option ticked, their specific username is linked to their email address. Not only does this mean that they only have to recall one set of login credentials, being the email and password, but when they log in they can only log in as themselves.

If that option isn’t ticked, then when a user comes to sign on to an online file they have to enter in their my.MYOB email address and password, followed by a second username and password. This would give staff the opportunity to sign in as someone else, assuming they had access to someone else’s credentials or the username wasn’t password protected.

Additionally if you didn’t have “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account” ticked and the user forgets the password associated with the username (not the email address) the only way that the password can be reset is when another user logs into the file and changes the password for them.

Any user accessing an online file will need to use an authentication to log on. With AccountRight they can opt to remember the device for 30 days, however they will still need to log on with that authentication method

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post