Lushh
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Using Company File from Server

Hi all

I offer IT support for a client who has just upgraded from AccountRight Classic to AccountRight Plus which all seems to have gone well.

The problem my client is having is prior to upgrading he would store the company file on his fileserver and when he wanted to make changes he would test them by copying the company file to his notebook before making the change on the copy on the server. Now when he opens the copy from the server, it copies it to the library on his notebook. I see that I can create a network library but I need some sort of server edition to support that.

My question is, how can I achieve this functionality for the client? Does he need to purchase the server edition so he keep using it the way he does? What version would I need? Keep in mind he works in an area prone to disruptions to the internet so having an online file isn't option.

I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Regards,

Joel.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,206 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10206Posts

1129Kudos

1444Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Using Company File from Server

Hi @Lushh

If the file is going to be stored on a server computer, then AccountRight 201X Server Edition will need to be installed on their server computer. The version that will need to be installed will need to be the same version that they have on their PC. So if they have AccountRight 2018.4 installed on their computer they would need AccountRight 2018.4 Server Edition installed. This can be obtained of our product downloads page

Our help article, Set up a network, steps through how to setup AccountRight 201X on a network for both the server and user computers, including setting up a network library to be able to access the company file on the server from the users computer

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Lushh
2 Posts
User
Australia
Lushh
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Using Company File from Server

Hi Neil

Thanks for the guidance. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Joel

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post