Using MYOB Accounting Plus v17 and looking to upgrade to AccountingRight Plus

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Inquiring
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Using MYOB Accounting Plus v17 and looking to upgrade to AccountingRight Plus

Hello, I am looking to move my business from old MYOB offline software to the online AccoutingRight Plus as my business has expanded and we use multiple computers for business now. 

I signed up for Zoho 3 or 4 months ago and have ever since been manually entering information, its a never ending cycle of entering new information and never being finished or able to fully jump over to the new online software. Our business is extremely busy and runs basically every day of the week. 

If I upgrade to AccountingRight Plus ($120 per month one) will I be able to upload all my files from my offline MYOB v17 to MYOB online and start business the same day? Within 24 hours? Or will I have the same problem that I'm having with Zoho? 

- Can I upload all offline MYOB files straight to MYOB online? 

- Is MYOB Account Plus v17 compatible with MYOB online? 

- Or will I have to manually enter everything again? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Using MYOB Accounting Plus v17 and looking to upgrade to AccountingRight Plus

Hi @Inquiring

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! An AccountRight plus subscription entitles you to 1 company file online, however you should be able to upgrade additional files locally. If you do need additional files in the cloud, you would need to add additional subscriptions to the file for the cloud entitlements. Please send me a private message with your Accounting plus serial number so I can check this for you. 

In regards to the upgrade, you would need to first upgrade the files to AccountRight plus v19 before upgrading to AccountRight live as the Accounting plus files are from an older version of MYOB software. Generally, if the file size isn't too big they shouldn't take long to upgrade however I cannot give an exact time frame on how long they'd take to upgrade. 

That said, please send through the private message with your product serial number so I can check and provide the correct installations of AccountRight v19 that'd you'd need. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Liz_A
Valued User
330 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

330Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Re: Using MYOB Accounting Plus v17 and looking to upgrade to AccountingRight Plus

Hi @Inquiring 

As far as I have seen on here, you can upgrade to the new version but you will need to step upgrade as it only seems to upgrade from v19 successfully. The software downloads are here:

https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads

Please look through the Community Forum as there are a lot of problems/bugs and it is very slow (especially as the file becomes larger) and can be sensitive (crash). There are on-line options for bank feeds, STP, etc. that many find useful. I tell the few clients who are on the new version to make regular backups, even if they are on-line as there can be some occasions when you will need to restore.

If you do want to go ahead, then make sure your file is as small as possible by optimising and purging because size really does make a difference to speed and the new version doesn't have a purge function. If your file becomes so large that it is unmanageable on a day to day basis, then you will be advised to start a new file (usually on 1/7), although there is a 3rd party provider that can purge but I cannot name them on here.

Cheers

Liz   

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post