1 Post
User
NthC
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

V19.5 Account Right upgrade to Cloud

I am not IT confident and need to upgrade our V19.5 to the Cloud version. One section says this will take a few hours, another says, 3 business days. It will be very difficult contiinuing to operate for 3 days without MYOB being available but the concern for me is that if it doesn't work first time we will be longer than 3 days without a system. Is there someone who can manage this process for me? I have contacted a number of MYOB Partners with no success. It concerns me that there will be issues with Templates or files which will grind our business to a halt. Is there such a person out there that is IT literate but also understands MYOB?

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,062 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2062Posts

1993Kudos

450Solutions

Re: V19.5 Account Right upgrade to Cloud

@NthC 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

First question to you is are you sure your current version is a Classic V19.5 not V19.15.

If it is v19.5 then because of how old it is I would suggest a staged upgrade.

I would upgrade to V19.8 then V19.12 the V19.15 before converting to the latest version Account Right 2019.2.

If you have a current subscription you can download the different versions from your my.myob download site or the MYOB Download site.

If you are using Account Right Plus v19.15 then you should go to Account Right Plus 2019.2.

Go to your my,myob download page and download and run the installer.

Once installed double click on the icon and wait for the Welcome window.

On the left there is a button Upgrade a file click on that then choose your file you want to upgrade.

Follow the instruction but when it asks if you want it in the cloud say no and upgrade to your desktop.

The larger the file the longer it takes. Some file can be done in minutes other hours.

Once you have upgraded the file fully and checked that it is all ok and working then you can upload it to the cloud.

The are a few little things you need to do so have a read of the following before you upgrade;

Pre Upgrade Cheat Sheet

Post Migration Tasks

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Contributing Partner GaryW
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
GaryW
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: V19.5 Account Right upgrade to Cloud

it depends on what is the main reason you upgrade V19. We upgraded it due to our V19 required phone confirmation on the company file and MYOB tech support was on holiday during Christmas time.  Performance wise, it is nothing like we set up a terminal server with V19, 2019 server edition is totally different from V19. We just hope to get on cloud accounting and benefit from its online features, but nothing as we hope. So, do your research and found the past experience with such a setup. Our online payment was refused without any reason given, then we worked in a much slower pace without the benefit of cloud accounting so far.

3 hours upgrade is impossible, a few days to get it right. You might do it over a long Weekend, Easter or Christmas holiday if no backup plan in place. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post