10 Posts
Contributing Partner
GaryW
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Why We upgrade Accounting Right Live? Lost the benefit of MYOB classical V19

Hi, I just wonder what is everyone else experience to upgrade the platform. We always hope for the best when moving to the new platform, we tried it 3 years ago and wasn't happy with the performance. This time, we were forced to upgrade where Classical V19 required company file confirmation by phone only before the New Year, and no one available in MYOB Tech support.

Then, we had to use the Christmas holiday to migrate all the data and even have my teenage boys working on it. We had never been so efficient to move to a new system. Yet, we haven't got benefit from the new software and MYOB rejected our application to have online payment without a proper reason. We had been in the business for more than 12 years, always pay the bill on time. Then, all staffs complaints about the performance even though we upgrade the internet connection at 25MB/S. Nothing really helps. 

I am the one implement the change, but I wasn't impressed with it. On top of everything, the sales promised a 30% discount on subscription and we eventually signed up with other sales. They didn't honor the discount and charge the full price instead of as we didn't deal with the same sales. Are they working for their own or for the company? Very disappointed a well established Australian company handle their customers like a  number.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

216Kudos

24Solutions

Re: Why We upgrade Accounting Right Live? Lost the benefit of MYOB classical V19

I agree and I feel for you - I have not upgraded and have stopped my clients from upgrading or paying MYOB since the first v2xxx. The lack of speed and the performance issues were too great relative to the cost and I still believe this to be the case. All of my clients now have their files set to ask for confirmation manually so they have 14 days grace and then I log in here to ask a moderator to confirm. Since the last lot of confirmations, all of our files have been able to confirm on-line when selected. The moderators are excellent but I have found in the past that the phone support have been insistent on the requirement to upgrade which is not true. Some reports on here show this may still be happening. We all use third party providers for ATO Tax Tables and now for STP lodgement and it is much cheaper and far less frustrating than dealing with the new MYOB versions. It may be way too late now, but if you did go back to the Classic version you could use these third party providers too. There is even the possibility of a confirmation tool if MYOB stops confirming old versions as they threatened to do in 2017. One client of mine re-entered 3 months of data back into his Classic file and is very happy to continue with Classic for now. If MYOB does improve enough, then maybe we will go back to paying to upgrade but we don't want to be the guinea pigs for now - it is too expensive. Good luck with your endeavours.

Regards

Liz

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,795 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29795Posts

3649Kudos

4376Solutions

Re: Why We upgrade Accounting Right Live? Lost the benefit of MYOB classical V19

Hi @GaryW 

Sorry to hear that you do feel that way

The AccountRight 20xx range has had some significant improvements over the past few years with

On the topic of performance, while it will never be as fast as the AccountRight Classic range as that product range was significantly designed for slower responses times the benefits of working online and time-saving benefits far outweigh the difference in response times for some clients. Additionally, we are continuing to invest and improve speed including updates to report generation in our up and coming release of AccountRight 2019.2. Our Help Article: Speed and performance tips does offer some tips and tricks that have worked for some clients. Note it doesn't work for all clients and environments.

In terms of the discount offered when purchasing a subscription, if you would like to send me a private message with your product serial number and best contact number, I would be happy to follow that up with the sales team to ensure that we are offering the best deal possible for your subscription. You can send me a private message on the Forum by selecting my username @Steven_M  and selecting Send a Message (right-hand side).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,592 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1592Posts

1397Kudos

164Solutions

Hi @GaryW 

I am just reading your post and @Steven_M reply.   I agree MYOB has made some significant improvements to AccountRight 20xx.    I am a MYOB partner 100% of my existing clients are online.   The pain points between V19 and ARL are minimised in my with all the new features ARL offers.   

I would not recommend going back to Classic Versions as they will not be supported by MYOB from 30 September 2019.   

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Contributing Partner GaryW
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
GaryW
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We understand some businesses will benefit from cloud accounting, but not us. We can't have online payment where MYOB declined our application without giving any reasons, the performance is much slower than V19. Typically, it takes much longer time to enter the transaction. 

Ultimate Partner IanChait
953 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
IanChait
Ultimate Partner

953Posts

690Kudos

178Solutions

Hi @GaryW 

Like @BooksInTheCloud  I am a long time MYOB Certified Consultant. I waited a few years after 2011 version was released, before I recommended my clients move to the new version. They are all online now, and the improved efficiencies are fantastic. Yes, processing an entry is marginally slower, but the gains from Bank Feeds, Emailing, Superannuation payments and now STP, for exceed the losses in processing. My clients also use third part services to scan in their purchases.

If your system is exceptionally slow, you should speak to MYOB support, or a Certified Consultant to see if your computer system needs to be optimised, or anti-virus exclusions correctly configured.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post