importing data into new company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Selloaccount1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

importing data into new company file

Hi all,

Our company file size is over the limit now. We are planning to move data(01/01/2019 to now) to a new MYOB company file. we want to keep the Monthly Ending balance for all accounts from 1/7/2018 to 28/2/2019. So we export account information for each month. But when we import account information to the new myob accountright company file. The system only accept one month figure.

Is anyone could assist?

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: importing data into new company file

Hi @Selloaccount1 

Within AccountRight if you are importing account balances, the system will only bring across the one figure, it doesn’t have the capability to bring across monthly balance figures for each account.

If you were wanting to have historical monthly balances in an account history you would need to start the file using the conversion date on or before the first month you want the balances for and then record a transaction for each month to adjust the monthly balance to the desired figure. As this would potentially be a number of journal entries, I recommend speaking with your accountant over how these should look

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Selloaccount1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your reply. it's helpful. I have one more question.

Since we import current balance into new myob company file. Can i also export open bills and open invoice from the old company file? will that affect any figure to current balance?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Selloaccount1 

In terms of what can be exported, I recommend going to File >> Import / Export Assistant. This will let you see all of the different information that can be exported. This includes open bills and invoices from the previous file.

When importing, anything that is imported will impact the company file. This does mean that transactional information like sales will impact the various accounts. In contrast if the sales / purchases are manually entered in as preconversion sales and purchases, they wont impact the existing account balances

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post