2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

merging two AccountRight files

hi,

I am wondering if someone can answer my question about merging two companies files.

I have used AccountRight Live for the past 5 years and last year my new bookkeeper wanted me to move onto Xero and that didnt go very well. 

So now i have reactivated my old file (AccountRight Live) prior to Xero and started using again from 1 Jul 2020.

I have also managed to get someone to convert Xero file which has data from (1 jul 2019 to 30 Jun 2020) to MYOB AccountRight. 

So now i am wondering if i could merge these two files together and just keep the old file which has historical data in it ??? Is this possible ? 

I understand payroll may not be able to import/export except manually entering them again. 

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,502Solutions

Re: merging two AccountRight files

Hi @JPhyo 

Each AccountRight company file is treated as a separate file and will have separate data within it. As such, there is no ability to merge two company files together.

If you are looking at going down that path the way it could be achieved would be:

1. Export out of the associated information from the company file that has the information
  2. Import that information into the company file needing that information

These processes can be completed through the File>>Import/Export Assistant. Our Help Article: Importing and exporting data has more information on using that Assistant. Note: This can be a complex process especially if you have not used the Import/Export Assistant before.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post