8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Account Right & Multi Currency reporting via Purchase Register

I received a link which I thought was 'multi currency test drive'.  It showed how to use Purchase Register (and I assume similarly sales register) to get lists of suppliers and what they owed in the original currency - clumsy but may work in the interim.  This may assist us to make the decision to move from MYOB 19.13 to Account Right as it seemed to provide information that I need until MYOB gets its reporting for Account Right multicurrency up to speed.    However, I have reopened the clearwater and I cant see how to do this.  I have also trawled through my emails and tried the link to multi currency test drive, but cant seem to find that original post.  Feel Iike Im going crazy as I know I saw it. ..  I want to see how this works in clear water myself rather than the animated example in the post.  

Appreciate a new link to this example.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Right & Multi Currency reporting via Purchase Register

Hi @RiverFire 

When you do enable multi-currency in an AccountRight 2019.2 Premier company file. The Sales and Purchase Register windows do change to include Amount(FX) and Amt Due (FX) columns. 

Attachment.PNG

If you are not seeing those columns, it is likely that multi-currency has not been enabled in the company file. As such you would need to go to Setup>>Preferences>>System and enable I deal in multi-currencies.

Help Article: Working with multiple currencies is a good one to get going with multi-currency in AccountRight 2019.2

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User RiverFire
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I have 'checked' multicurrency in preferences and I have entered a purchase in USD and a sales in USD.   FX columns are visible.  However, a response  from MYOB previously showed an animated screen of Purchase register where, I believe,  headings were clicked and dragged to create filters on the purchase register.  This is what I am trying to recreate.  Please resend that animated purchase register screen so that I can replicate in the clearwater database.  IF this works as per the original animated screen, I will look seriously at the MYOB Account Right.

MYOB Product Manager clinteidelman
22 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
Australia
MYOB Product Manager

22Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Sounds like you're talking about grouping and sub-totals directly in the purchase and sales registers. The heading "Reporting on foreign currency transactions" on the main multi-currency help page has these animated gifs.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Working+with+multiple+currencies#expand-Reportingonforeigncurre...

I also personally love the Copy to Clipboard feature to very quickly copy and paste data into an Excel table for deeper analysis like pivot tables.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post