Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Entering Pre-conversion purchases for USD Suppliers

Hi,

We recently upgraded to MYOB AccountRight 2019.2.1

We had to open a new file so I have been trying to add pre-conversion USD purchases but when I do that I am not able to find the USD supplier on the supplier list to add the pre-conversion purchase.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,357Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entering Pre-conversion purchases for USD Suppliers

Hi @Accounts5 

Currently, pre-conversion transactions are only available for customers or suppliers where the default currency is listed as being NZD or AUD.

If you do need to enter a pre-conversion transaction for a foreign currency customer or supplier I would recommend working out the local currency value for that transaction and entering that as the transaction. Note: You will need to update the default currency for that customer or supplier card to be the local currency to record that transaction, it can be changed afterwards if needed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Accounts5
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your response. 

We have actually paid these pre-conversion USD Invoices post-conversion from our USD bank account. So if we add these pre-conversion purchases as AUD purchase how are we able to pay it from our USD bank account and reconcile our USD bank account.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,357Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Accounts5 

As those pre-conversion transactions are needing to be recorded in the local currency the payment of those transactions does also need to be paid in the local currency. If you have paid that transaction with from a foreign currency account then you would be looking at utilising the following approach:

1. Go to Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New and create a new bank account for that account (in the local currency).
  2. Record a Banking>>Spend Money transaction with the Pay from Account being that foreign currency bank account, the allocation account being that newly created account.
  3. Once completed, you would do a Purchases>>Pay Bills transaction with the Pay from Account being that newly created account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post