Foreign Currency Statements

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted User
80 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

80Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

Foreign Currency Statements

Hi,

I have downloaded the new version of AccountRight Premier.

My statements are still displaying "$" for a GBP based client.

I have gone into my plain paper statement and there is a field there called 'currency symbol' but when I print the statement it is displaying a dollar sign instead of a pounds sign?

Can someone please help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Re: Foreign Currency Statements

Hi @Connockity 

When you do have foreign currency enabled in an AccountRight 2019.3 company file, an additional field is available for statements - Currency Code. This denotes the currency code set on the customer's card. 

You can add this field to your customise statement form via open the form - Setup>>Customise Forms>>Statements>>Selecting the Form before selecting Customise. Once in the form select the Customise>>Fields and navigate to the required field before navigating to the required position.

Note: The Currency code is a separate field to Currency Symbol. Currency Code uses the customer's currency code, Currency Symbol uses the Windows generated currency symbol i.e. $

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted User
80 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

80Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you Steven,

I have attempted to change the Plain Paper Statement to add in the Currency Code but it will not save it. It keeps reverting back to 'Currency Symbol'

So then I saved it as a new statement called 'Foreign Currency Plain Paper Statement' and that kept the field but it is not available in the drop down box you choose from in the advanced field when printing the statements.

I have completely closed down MYOB and logged in again and it still isn't available to choose from.

I really am at a loss of what to do - I have been waiting since May for this facility but it is now useless to me.

I have been keeping an Excel spread sheet for ALL of my foreign currency customers but this is double handling and I should not have to do it. MYOB should work as it is supposed to.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Hi @Connockity 

It sounds like you are on the right path by saving that customise form under a different name and then using that form going forward. What I think has occurred is that you have used the incorrect statement form as the basis of that customise form i.e. selected activity but using an invoice type statement.  Activity statements showing the history of the customer cards with a breakdown per transaction, invoice statements list the invoices for that customer over a period

What I would recommend doing is reviewing the statement type that you want. Once that has occurred, ensure that type of statement form is customised before selecting that statement layout and the customise form. Our Help Article: Personalising statements has more information on that topic.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post