Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Overseas Bank Statements

Am still unable to reconcile overseas bank statements. Was looking for an estimate as to when this will be fixed. Have been unable to do a bank reconciliation since last year's update because of the issues.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Overseas Bank Statements

Keen to know the same - we have been reconciling - because on the screen - it is actually ok ... it's just the printed report which shows a vastly different value for Expected value on statement ... not ideal, but also not seemingly being looked at by MYOB

Highlighted
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

96Posts

68Kudos

4Solutions

Still waiting on that as well, why would a foreign currency bank reconcliation be any different to a local currency reconciliation... beats me how that was overlooked

Lynne Wagner
Zebra Accounting and Business Systems
PO Box 234
SHERWOOD QLD 4075
Ph: 0408 990 121
email: lynne@zabs.com.au
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

@LFW02  .... sadly the concept of foreign currency exchange is lost on the MYOB team .... US$1000 converted to AUD in mid March is a very different value to US$1000 today ... let alone if we are talking 10-20 times those values ... this 'new' system has no way to account for currency fluctuations (from memory, the AUD floated back in the mid-late 80s, when I was in high school!!!!) ...

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,776Posts

5,137Kudos

5,544Solutions

Hi @nwg 

I understand looking at your account that you have had a data file investigation and repair completed on your company file. This was actioned back in December 2019 and then again in March 2020. Are you needing to arrange for that company file to be sent in again?

If so, we would need a copy of the Reconciliation report and also a screenshot of the Reconcile Accounts window showing the top information - i.e. date, account, new statements balance, calculated statement balance and out of balance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven_M,

No repair was completed that  worked. 

It’s our understanding that MYOB are still working on the issues as nothing was resolved previously. We were told that this would not be fixed quickly, but it’s been several months and  no update. I’d be quite happy if they reverted that part of the program back to the system used before it was updated last year.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

My file did go for data repair, twice ... it was not repaired & I can’t be a week or more without my file. There are a few other issues, I had communication with the team & they were going to get back to me but no. Maybe you can see reference to that also & reinitiate review. I probably should send in my file ahead of EOFY if I can still access my file. Thanks for the reminder

Still I am concerned about the way MYOB deals with foreign currency accounts & the accuracy of these accounts, trade debtors & trade creditors in the balance sheet.  As @nwg says, the way the previous versions worked with regard to Foreign currency was much more transparent from an accounting perspective.

Cheers Lara
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,776Posts

5,137Kudos

5,544Solutions

Hi @nwg 

From the information of the repair ticket, a recalculation was attempted to be done on those accounts and the company file returned. It does look like you did have some trouble in restoring that repaired file back in December to which attempts were made by our phone-based team to discuss further with you. From what I can see, after those attempts were unable to get hold of you, an email was sent to close off that ticket with a reply option should need additional assistance outside of the steps than the email provided.

In terms of the actual issue relating to those multiple currency reconciliations not working as intended for previously generated AccountRight Classic company files, it something that we have been investigated and reported through to the required team. At this stage, while we have added additional behind the scenes work to aid clients with multi-currency files to migrate to AccountRight 2020, no additional work has been done on reconciling those multi-currency transactions.

Although, should you have encountered a situation where a migrated multi-currency transaction file has been migrated from AccountRight v19 to 2020 and the Reconciliation balances i.e. the calculated statement balances matches that of the new statement match but disagrees with the reconciliation report, we would need to see a copy of the reconciliation report and a screenshot of the Reconcile Accounts window for that reconciliation. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

If you have converted from the AccountRight Classic with multicurrency, you should have an income account 4-xxxx for Currency Gain/Loss.

Just do a General Journal entry (in local currency) into the FC account to balance the local total (MYOB account ending balance) with the calculated exchange value of the foreign currency total (actual bank balance / current exchange rate).

Put the other leg of the journal into the Gain/Loss account.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post