Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Receivable Reconciliation Report issue

We have MYOB v2019.2.1 Build 2019.2.22.5066 using Multicurrency

Issue is that Receivable Reconciliation Detail report is showing that there are amounts outstanding on sales invoices that were processed as paid in v19 prior to upgrade. These amounts disappear (except for a rounding problem) when we change the tax code from GST to a (customised) tax code with 0% GST.  When I go to apply payments or credits, the offending invoices DO NOT apear as unpaid. So to clarify, the invoices are showing as only part paid in the Receivables Report, but no receipt can be applied.

First: I cannot edit invoices in the closed period (calendar 2018) to remove these amounts - and need to.

Second: I cannot clear by any means (editing original invoices, raising credits etc) the residual rounding amount (typically .01c.) in the current financial year.

The Receivables Reports are meaningless and cannot be sent to our clients in their present form. 

We need to get this fixed, perhaps by sending the file to MYOB for repair.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Receivable Reconciliation Report issue

Hi @bandcs 

I would be checking to ensure that the card balance is accurate and that we are not looking at a card balance out of balance. The quickest way to calculate if that is the case it to run that Receivable Reconciliation Report with a future date i.e. 31/12/9998 and see if the balance on that report matches the balance on the customers card, when accessed via Card Lists>> Card File>>Navigate and open the customer's card - Balance top right. If there is a difference then we would need to look into which is the correct balance, I would be navigating to the Open Invoices tab of the Sales Register for that customer and running it for an extended period.

If those balances do match, you indicated that you migrated from AccountRight Classic. If so, did those transactions show on that Receivable Reconciliation Report in that version of the file? (assuming that they have been recorded in AccountRight Classic). A copy of that v19 report would be good id they don't appear in that report. 

Also, as those invoices are not appearing in the Settle Returns and Credits window we do need to ensure that it is not due to category tracking. Do you have Setup>>Preferences>>System>> Turn on Category tracking enabled? If so, the credit note and the invoice do need to have the same category listed on the transaction to ensure the invoices appear in the Sales Register>>>Returns and Credits>>Apply to Sale/Settle Returns and Credits window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Product Manager clinteidelman
22 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
Australia
MYOB Product Manager

22Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

Further to @Steven_M's reply,  v19 / AccountRight Classic created Exchange Accounts for each currency, and each multi-currency transaction included an additional journal to the Exchange account. If you ever revalued / cleared out the Exchange accounts in v19, an out of balance would have been created, it's just that by default v19 didn't display it in the reconcilation report.

We've now simplifed the chart and journals by removing Exchange accounts in AccountRight 2019. And on upgrade, we automatically merge Exchange Accounts into the main debtors/creditors control account. Any out of balance is carried over, and would be visible on the recon report as it displays in base currency by default.

In 2019.2 it's only the AP/AR Recon Summary reports that display ageing in originating currency, and in 2019.3 customer statements will support foreign values. I'm hoping we can "foreignise" the Detail reports later this year.

Contributing User bandcs
18 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  All reports show the same amount as outstanding, i.e the card balance and the Receivables Reports show the same amount. Category tracking is not selected.  

By way of additional info, my client invoices their clients based in Australia in USD so currency USD and tax code GST are used. The offending invoices are showing as fully paid in MYOB v19 classic. However residual amounts showing in v2019.2 appear to be the GST applicable to those invoices.

The Receivables Reports are unusable in their original form, the only work around seems to be to export to Excel, and manually remove all erroneous amounts. We acknowledge that this application may not be usual, however given that the invoices are showing as fully paid in v19 but not so in v2019 after conversion makes no sense whatsoever.  

We possibly need factory level intervention on our data file so how do we go about arranging this.

Contributing User bandcs
18 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  All reports show the same amount as outstanding, i.e the card balance and the Receivables Reports show the same amount. Category tracking is not selected.  

By way of additional info, my client invoices their clients based in Australia in USD so currency USD and tax code GST are used. The offending invoices are showing as fully paid in MYOB v19 classic. however residual amounts showing in v2019.2 appear to be the GST applicable to those invoices.

The Receivables Reports are unusable in their original form, the only work around seems to be to export to Excel, and manually remove all erroneous amounts. We acknowledge that this application may not be usual, however given that the invoices are showing as fully paid in v19 but not so in v2019 after conversion makes no sense whatsoever.  

We possibly need factory level intervention on our data file so how do we go about arranging this.

RachelMcKay
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am having the same issue as well. Please advise urgently

Regards

Rachel

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @RachelMcKay 

What version of the software was the report generated in - Help>>About AccountRight? There were bug fixes included in the recent AccountRight 2019.3 version that fixed some incorrect data showing for foreign currency transactions on the Receivable Reconciliation reports. So, if you haven't yet upgraded to AccountRight 2019.3, it may be something that you wish to consider to take advantage of for that particular report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post