Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

49Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: USD account Bank reconciliation

Hi @feelgood1 

Thanks for the reply - but it does not answer the request.

Unfortunately you did not fully read or understand the original poster's issue - the accounts do reconcile in the 'usual' way - I have been using multi currency and MYOB for over 10 years so it is not a case of being unfamiliar.  When the reconciliation is printed it shows the Expected balance to be, in my case, $1.6 M which is incorrect by $1.2M or so for that account ... I reconcile monthly - the error has occured somehow when the file was migrated to 19.2

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,730 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,730Posts

1,499Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Lara10, yes I eventually spoke to MYOB support about this and got a data repair on the files. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Experienced Cover User Lara10
49 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

49Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @BooksInTheCloud , I have sent my file for data repair ... last Thursday and am still waiting for it to come back!!!! They guy on chat said I'd be without it for 1 day (I allowed 2) and now we are up to day 5 ... not happy Jan!! (hopefully it comes back corrected!!)

1,730 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,730Posts

1,499Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Lara10 

Yes mine took about 5 days however I know from experience the data repairs are not instant fixes.

The data repair team will send you a back up to restore you need to check and then give them premission to fix on the LIVE file.   Just read the email instructions really carefully. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Contributing Cover User feelgood1
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Lara10 @BooksInTheCloud 

I got same situation with Lara10. Last Thursday, I upload my file to Data Repair team, till today, I recieved another email to request me to upload my old version backup (V19) to them to compare. I just upload. But don't know how long it is going to take to fix that. During this period, I called MYOB support team two times. it only take your long time on holding and holding......What they told me is that I can still use my curreny online file, and wait Data team to fix that. After they fix that, they will email me fixed back up. and I can email them new back up as our data changed. and waiting for them to fixed that maybe within 1-2 hours as they alraedy know how to fix that. after they fix that, they will email me new back up, them I can restore new backup to online.....

1,730 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,730Posts

1,499Kudos

0Solutions

@feelgood1  & @Lara10  MYOB data repair do this so you can remain working in your file while they resolve at the backend.  Before the cloud you would have to send your file to MYOB, pay a cost and wait and not be able to do anything until the file is returned.    

Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Experienced Cover User Lara10
49 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

49Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @BooksInTheCloud , my advice from them is that anything I do between when I gave them my file and when I get it back will have to be re-created (by me!) .... if they tell you 1-2 days then have your file sitting in a queue for 3-4 days this is super annoying for THEIR PROBLEM!!!

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,429 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,429Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Lara10 

Just wanted to jump in to clarify.  If you're on the classic version then you cannot work on it while being repaired.  If you're on AccountRight Live (ex: AR 2019.2.1) then you can work in it.  

I hope this clarifies. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post