User
Mery
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Altering Sales invoices from GST inclusive to GST exclusive

Good morning,

I was invoicing with GST and the system was calculating the GST part for me and still retaining the total of the invoice I entered. This year it changed and I put the total amount including GST and the systems ADDS the GST on to it. How do I change it ?

I mean I know the total to invoice including the GST but I want my invoice to reflect that and the GST amount without altering the total. so I can have the GST report at the end of the month. 

Thanks for your help 

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,586 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5586Posts

839Kudos

786Solutions

Re: Altering Sales invoices from GST inclusive to GST exclusive

Hi @Mery

I'm not sure which software you're using as it's on a non-descript board, however here's some generalised details across both AccountRight and Essentials:

For AccountRight:

The GST Inclusive/Exclusive figures on data entry are generally determined by a GST/Tax Inclusive checkbox when entering data which is typically found in the top-right of each data-entry window:

temp.png

Whereas what prints on your Customised Forms are a different matter as you can have the data entered as GST Inclusive however have GST Exclusive fields on your form. You can look into this by following these support notes:

Some default forms automatically show GST Inclusive details whereas some others are GST Exclusive despite what is entered.

For Essentials:

This one is much simpler in terms of how to determine it. This is a drop-down when entering the data:

temp.png

It also changes what shows on the Printed Form unlike AccountRight.

I hope this helps answer your questions as well, let me know if you have any direct questions on this and if so please let me know which product is being used so I can be sure to give more specifics.

Mery
2 Posts
User
Mery
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Altering Sales invoices from GST inclusive to GST exclusive

Hi Hayden,

Thanks so much.  You did answer my question. For some reason it had change from inclusive to exclusive withount me realizing. Thanks again. Really appreciate it. 

Have a good day. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post