Partner Zone
Partner Zone

GST Return Queries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
EmmaChin
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
EmmaChin
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST Return Queries

I have just recently upgraded to AccountRight. I am trying to prepare April's GST return but the last accounting period only has up until March 2015. Is there anyway I could get the April report without starting a new year?

My old MYOB had reporting periods from Aril 2013 - March 2015 so it might be possible?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner Dee-Workman
1,157 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner

1157Posts

857Kudos

252Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: GST Return Queries

Hi @EmmaChin

The GST reporting function spans over a two financial year period.  To get any GST reporting after March 2015 you would need to roll the 2014 year.  If your financial year is March just wondering why you are reporting for April 2015, unless your GST periods are not aligned with your financial year for some reason.  If this is the case it would be quite a good idea, especially from an accounting point of view to write to the IRD and get the GST Reporting aligned.

EmmaChin
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
EmmaChin
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GST Return Queries

Am doing it for the monthly GST refunds/payments thing. Thanks! I will check with our accountant whether we can roll over to the next period then.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post