Partner Zone

GST return online NZ

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Christine_Young
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

GST return online NZ

Has anyone else had this problem.  I have run the GST return using the File Manually option and the amount showing as payable is what I expected.  I then run the GST return using the File Online option and found that the amount payable was different from the File manually option by $406.47 - this is the amount of GST collected for my home office/entertainment GST adjustment general journal.  So basically the Online option is not calculating correctly  and picking up the GST on the General journal I created.  It would be great if this problem could be solved as I don't think its been an issue before

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,198 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,198Posts

6,082Kudos

6,601Solutions

Re: GST return online NZ

Hi @Christine_Young 

You mentioned that the difference may be related to a journal entry adjustment you have recorded for GST adjustments. These are typically added to the GST 101 report using the GST input and GST output tax adjustment accounts that the user would set prior to completing the GST return - these added prior to completing the return manually or online.

In your case with that missing adjustment online, I would make sure that you have set the desired account used for those GST adjustments when completing your lodgement online. Note: If you have already started that GST 101 lodgement, you would likely need to start the lodgement process again to bring up those GST adjustment fields, which appear during the create return option.

It should also be noted that we have seen some cases, most commonly occurs with MYOB Essentials, where Box 13 will not pull the information. This is currently sitting with our product teams for an in-product fix. If that situation is occurring, manually updating the field to be the required value would be the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,787 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,787Posts

1,074Kudos

351Solutions

Hi @Christine_Young @Steven_M 

We found this is an issue in the latest version and have advised MYOB accordingly. Our advice would be to prepare the GST return manually and load the information to the IRD manaully.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Margriet
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

76Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you @jenniek . I have just downloaded 2020.3 with the aim to be able to do the online filing - which I had been advised to do by moderator as there had been problems with connection to IRD. When I landed on the page with the sales & purchases figures, I found that they were off by a considerable amount of $$. I will follow your advice and file my return manually! So much time wasted over this issue!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post