Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Gst Tax Issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User RAJARAM
5 Posts
Contributing User
Malaysia
RAJARAM
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Gst Tax Issues

Hi Good morning to All,

I faced some issues in MYOB import part please give me any solution how to solve this issue. Now i am using MYOB V16.

0 records imported without errors.

1 records skipped.
0 records imported with warnings.

Error -90: Ex-Tax Amount and Inc-Tax Amount are invalid or blank.

Thank You.....

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner jenniek
996 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2418Posts

1002Kudos

302Solutions

Re: Gst Tax Issues

Hi @RAJARAM,

What exactly are you importing? Sales or journals? There was a change in the older versions where both the inclusive and exclusive GSt amount had to be included in the import.

I would go into Clearwater (the sample data file) and export out what you are trying to import, and it will give you the fields required.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Contributing User RAJARAM
5 Posts
Contributing User
Malaysia
RAJARAM
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank You  for your reply Jennie Kingma,

I importing the purchase-> Item Purchase. Here i attached My Import file sample please find that.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @RAJARAM

Thank you for providing that import file you are using.

Firstly I notice that the currency symbol in the file is set to be Malaysian Ringgit (RM) so I would make sure that your currency settings within Windows is set to be RM.

Secondly for AccountRight to import data correctly the price and information needs to be correct. For example the file you are importing you have said that you want to import 50 items, the price of those items is showing as 24,272.00 This does mean that the total field would need to be calculated correctly so 1,312,600 (50 x 24270).  

Thirdly you are showing as having a Tax Code of N-T, which is generally 0%. This does mean that you need the tax amount to be 0.00, Also import duty is only used if you have an Import tax code.

I would recommend entering the transaction or similar transaction in the company file. Once that transaction has been entered, you would export it out via File>>Export Data and follow through the process. This will produce a text file which you can use as a template for importing data into your program.

For more information into exporting and importing please see Support Note: Importing and exporting - troubleshooting

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post