MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Unable to file GST on MacOS / Firefox

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
zemudkram
4 Posts
Cover User
zemudkram
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to file GST on MacOS / Firefox

I'm trying to file GST but in Firefox I get the following message after clicking "File"

Bad Request

The request could not be understood by server due to malformed syntax.

It works fine in Chrome though.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,371 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5371Posts

802Kudos

761Solutions

Re: Unable to file GST on MacOS / Firefox

Hi @zemudkram

Thank you for posting this on the Forum, other Users may experience this issue with the same Browser.

Typically when a change in browser resolves the issue, that original browser is definitely discovered as the cause. I've found that Firefox has been having some major changes recently and is still having work done to make it a great browser. Unfortunately issues like this can occur with some Web Apps and browsers going through change. 

As Filing GST is pushing some data to the IRD server and it is returning the error: "malformed syntax", this suggests that Firefox is sending some extra information with it that the server is not understanding.

I have raised this with our Technical Teams here to see if there is some way we can edit this information before sending to the IRD.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

zemudkram
4 Posts
Cover User
zemudkram
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Unable to file GST on MacOS / Firefox

My apologies, I meant to update this post.

It turns out that the issue is with the IRD website, as I can’t directly log in from Firefox either (not sure why I didn’t check it before posting, but never mind). Nothing to do with MYOB. I’ve raised it with them via their site feedback as well.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post