ANHLCASH incorrectly limited to one week (Payroll version 2018.3)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

ANHLCASH incorrectly limited to one week (Payroll version 2018.3)

Hi, We offer our night shift staff 5 weeks annual leave.  According to https://www.employment.govt.nz/leave-and-holidays/annual-holidays/cashing-up-annual-holidays/ in the very bottom section entitled "Cashing up additional holidays in employment agreements" any additional weeks over the standard four week entitlement may also be cashed up.  I now have an employee whom wishes to cash up his second week of entitlement, but the payroll will not allow this,  MYOB Payroll restricts the use of the ANHLCASH code to one weeks pay only.  Any chance of a quick fix to do the calulation in the Payroll package and allow anything over THREE weeks to be cashed out (as the law allows for one week of the four week entitlement to be cashed up, then essentially any entitlement over 3 weeks may be allowed to be cashed up.).  Any advice appreciated.  Cheers, Phil

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Re: ANHLCASH incorrectly limited to one week (Payroll version 2018.3)

Hi @Phil_mtc 

New Zealand Payroll (Desktop) follows the standard annual leave cash up guidelines where only one week can be cashed up per year. 

If you are in the situation where you do are needing to cash out more than one week a year, the process I would use is to into the Leave Details tab and update the Normal days/week Normal hours/day to make the Normal Hours per week to be increased to that amount. For example, say the employee normally works 40 hours per week (5 x 8) you want to have it to say 80 (5 x 16)

You might also want to go to Maintenance>>Maintain pay codes>>ANHLCASH and enable Allow rate to be modified when entering pay details. This allows the rate to be changed so you can pay out those hours at the correct rate. 

Don't forget to update the Normal Hours per week back after recording the pay.

NOTE: There are very special circumstances where you can cash up more than 1 weeks a leave a year and we do recommend consulting Employment NZ and other similar parties around the legalisation of doing that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post