AccountRight & Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HybridCB
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight & Payroll

Hi,

Does MYOB have plans to integrate Payroll within AccountRight PC client or AC Live?

Does MYOB have a Live Payroll instead of local on a machine?

Does Payroll have the ability to post time against a Job? at the moment we have to enter all the timesheet lines in manually and is double handling. Ideally Payroll should have a Job code field to allocate this way. Automated solution please.

NZ Customers.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: AccountRight & Payroll

Hi @HybridCB 

MYOB Payroll (Desktop) does have the capability to integrate with AccountRight. Help Article: Integrate Payroll with your accounting software has more information on setting that up. It should be noted that these would be two different products but it can send the data between them.

If you are looking for a more seamless package and an online-based solution MYOB Essentials + Payroll would be more suited to your needs. Check out MYOB Essentials Accounting + Payroll for more information. 

In relation to jobs, you can configure the AccountRight and MYOB Payroll (Desktop) integration to send job information when processing your pays for those journal entries in AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Julie_McKenzie
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

23Posts

8Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @HybridCB 

Note: Essentials Payroll does not have the ability to do job costing. I'm told a new enhanced version with job is due out around October this year.

There is plans to intergrate Payroll within Essentials Accounting at that time - and will ahve more of the features of AccountRight as well.

Hold that thought!

Regards,
Julie McKenzie
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton NZ.
HybridCB
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

where do I make a complaint? 

HybridCB
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have been waiting 9 years for this to happen... Accountright in Australia already have this. Thanks for your info, appreciated. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @HybridCB 

You are quite correct, AccountRight in Australia does have a Payroll module built directly into the application for AccountRight Plus and Premier versions. The New Zealand Payroll (Desktop) product is built on older technology and is not something that is available for direct incorporation into AccountRight, rather we do rely on those integration methods mentioned in my previous post on this thread.

Personally, I don't foresee the MYOB Payroll module being directly incorporated into the AccountRight application for New Zealand in the distant future - while it has been floated around in the past it's certainly not something that I have heard about being in the pipeline. As indicated, we are more focusing on bolstering up the MYOB Essentials Payroll and MYOB Essentials + Payroll offerings.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post