MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Accrued leave suddenly inflates

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gail206E
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Gail206E
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accrued leave suddenly inflates

I have been running a payroll with just one employee for several months with no hiccups.  What could have happened for their "annual leave accrued since...." to alter from 43 hours to -754 hours?  Going into the "leave" tabs does not permit me to alter this area.  What are my options to bring it (up to date) to 46 hours?  thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,821 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29821Posts

3652Kudos

4378Solutions

Re: Accrued leave suddenly inflates

Hi @Gail206E

Within New Zealand (Desktop) Payroll in an employee's Leave Details tab you will have a value in 'Leave Accrued in Advance since xx/xx/xxxx'. The value that is shown here is an estimated calculated valued it is determined by the Current pay ended on date, the previous holiday anniversary and the Annual leave entitlement. The system will divide the Annual leave entitlement by 52 to work out the weekly amount entitlement then works out the number of weeks between the Current pay ended on date and previous holiday anniversary, it will then multiply the two calculations together to give you the Leave accrued in advanced since value.

If you are thinking the Leave accrued in Advanced since is not what it should be I would be reviewing the components involved in the calculation i.e. the Annual leave Entitlement, Holiday Anniversary Date and Current pay ended on date.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,372 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2372Posts

983Kudos

299Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Gail206E

That would tell me the date is wrong - have you put an incorrect date into the pay week-ended date? wrong year maybe?

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Gail206E
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Gail206E
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

YES, THANK YOU!  I hadn't noticed the "week ending" date had altered to 2008.  How simple - much appreciated.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post