Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Partner Jacqui_M
58 Posts
Trusted Partner
New Zealand
Jacqui_M
Trusted Partner

58Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

I have an employee who was setup without any sick leave entitlements.  This was discovered much later and they have now been entered.  Can his current entitlement be calculated retrospectively?  On his Employee Sick Leave Record report it shows that his balance was changed to 0 on his anniversary and then it shows his sick pay in hourly units but 0 days and his balance is always 0.  Should I just enter what his current entitlement is manually and then on his next anniversary it will add his next entitlement?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,099 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31099Posts

3931Kudos

4528Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

Hi @Jacqui_M

With New Zealand Payroll, sick leave entitlements can be entered retrospectively. To do this go to Maintenance>>Maintain Employees>>Select the relevant employee>>Select the Leave Detials\\Other Leave tab. 

Firstly its a good idea to make sure that the Sick Leave Anniversary date is set correctly. Generally its set to be 6 months after the employee's start date (excluding the year). For example say I started on 15/03/2014, my sick leave anniversary date will be 15/09/201x.

Once that has been setup you can work out the Current Sick leave  Due is. This would be calculated as  

(Annual Sick leave entitlement multiplied by the number of Sick Leave entitlements that have passed) less any sick leave taken.

For example I use my example of starting on 15/03/2016, taken 4 days, use the standard 5 days a year use today's date as the calculation, it would be (5 x 2) -4 or 6 is the current sick leave entitlement.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further information in regards to entering that sick leave entitlement.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Partner Jacqui_M
58 Posts
Trusted Partner
New Zealand
Jacqui_M
Trusted Partner

58Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

So the answer, as I thought,  is to enter the current entitlement manually.  I just wanted to make sure that it couldn't be updated retrospectively.  Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,099 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31099Posts

3931Kudos

4528Solutions

Hi @Jacqui_M

Sorry my post wasn't clear. You are correct, you can manually adjust that sick leave entitlement the program will not retrospectively update it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post