Amyuni Driver failed message when trying to email payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User fay
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Amyuni Driver failed message when trying to email payslips

I cannot believe the time I have wasted trying to solve the problem.  I wish there was a simple solution. Can someone please explain in plain english how I can fix my computer so I can once again email payslips.  My employees have been very patient so far. I don't think my boss appreciates the time lost.

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Amyuni Driver failed message when trying to email payslips

Hi @fay

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

To resolve the AMYUNI Driver Failed error, you will need to uninstall both Payroll and the MYOB AO PDF Generator, and reinstall them. By reinstalling them it should clear the error and prevent it happening in future.

In very simple terms, there are 5 key things that you have to do. Some of these are more complex than others but I will outline all the steps that you need to do. We do have a help article, Error: “AMYUNI driver failed”, which does explain the process that you need to undertake to resolve this error in more detail than I will go into below.

In very simple terms here are the five aforementioned steps:

First, backup all of your payroll files for safekeeping. This is done by going File >> Backup, please make sure you know where these backup files are saved to!

Secondly, the MYOB AO PDF generator from Windows. You can do this by going to your Windows Control Panel >> Devices and Printers. Inside this window locate the AO PDF Generator, right click on it and choose remove or uninstall.

Third, Payroll needs to be uninstalled. Again this is done through the Windows Control panel, this time using the Programs and Features option inside the Windows Control Panel. Once inside the Programs and Features window, highlight payroll and click uninstall.

Fourth, Download and reinstall the Payroll program. If you do not have a copy of the Payroll installer on your computer, you can down one from my.MYOB. Simply log into my.MYOB and then go My Products >> Downloads and you should be able to see and select your Payroll download.

Once downloaded then you will need to reinstall Payroll. To do this in the quickest way possible please ensure that you have no other programs running, including programs that sit in the tray of icons in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, beside the digital clock. Examples of programs that may be running in the tray of icons are Skype, Antivirus software and automated backup software. If you leave other programs running it can interfere with the Payroll installation and make it take longer to complete.

Lastly you may need to restore your backup files. Please check the Open your Payroll file screen and see if your files are present. If they aren’t then you will need to restore the backup files you took previously, if the files are there then they should be up to date and ready to use. Our help article, Restoring your company file, does explain the restore process in more detail.

Please let us know how you get on with this and do let us know if we can be of more assistance

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the advice. Very clear and helpful. Will get to work on it now and let you know the outcome. Feeling confident.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Fay

Your very welcome, and I’m glad this process makes sense to you. Depending on your computer this process shouldn’t take too long, so it can easily be knocked out in an afternoon or less.

Please let me know how you get on and don’t hesitate to post any other questions that you may have

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil.   I have followed your instructions and all looks good now.  Success with emailing payslips.  Everyone will be happy now.

The MYOB AO PDF generator has appeared again under the Devices and Printers.  Is that ok?

Another question you may be able to help with:  Can payslips be emailed after finalising a pay or only prior to finalising the pay?

Cheers, Fay

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Fay ( @Fay )

Fantastic to hear you have been able to reinstall everything and you are now able to email pay slips once again.

The MYOB AO PDF Generator will appear when you reinstall the Payroll. This is what Payroll uses when it converts the payslips into PDF to email them. Now that yours is functioning properly then you can just ignore it. Sometimes when it installs it doesn’t install properly and can result in the AMYUNI driver error that you were facing.

Payslips can indeed be emailed and reprinted after a pay has been finalised however the process to do so is slightly different. Before the pay is finalised then you can use the Print Pay Slips.

After the pay has been finalised or if you need to reprint/ resend a previous pay slip then you will have to go into Maintenance >> Maintain Employees >> Select the relevant employee >> Pay History >> Double click the pay you wish to reprint/re-email the payslip for. This will bring up the Reprint Pay Slip window which will allow you to send the email for that pay slip again.

At this stage you can only do reprints and re-emailed pay slips one at a time, so I encourage you if possible to make use of the print pay slips feature and get them printed or sent in a single hit.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Super.  Thank you so much.  It is good to get that problem sorted and have all the questions answered so now I can relax and enjoy the weekend.

Cheers, Fay

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Fay ( @Fay )

Great to hear we have been able to get that problem sorted. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

Do feel free to post anytime you have other questions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

ShonaMc
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

This problem for me involves the ricoh printers.  I have to uninstall the printer to make it work.  The whole system falls over again with any updates.  There has to be a better solution than mucking around uninstalling, reinstalling loading backups etc 

Contributing Cover User karenham
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Crazy that we have to go through this. Surely the problem should be fixed at MYOB end as it appears to be a software issue. Really frustrated!
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post