MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Annual Leave Accrual not posting to the GL

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Anne2001
1 Post
User
Anne2001

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Annual Leave Accrual not posting to the GL

I've have noticed that the GL shows no reflection of annual leave accrued. There is a GL code for it as part of the setup and the payroll system tracks it. But why does the tracked amount in the payroll system not have any setting to allow it to be posted as an expense monthly and accrued within the balance sheet? Pr, indeed, if it does, how do you set everything up to allow it rather than manually having to post it every month.

Since you have to allow for annual leave accruals at year end anyway why nothing to allow it monthly.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,395 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30395Posts

3771Kudos

4436Solutions

Re: Annual Leave Accrual not posting to the GL

Hi @Anne2001

MYOB Payroll will transfer the dollar values across to the AccountRight. In terms of annual leave accruing as there is no dollar value associated, from a program point of view, with that accrual it will not transfer that accrual across.

For generating that provision of leave you would be looking into manually recording a journal entry for those values. Our Help Article: Tracking leave accruals as liabilities, which goes through the Australian process, could be adapted to New Zealand. Basically, you would need to complete Step 1 and 3 -5, instead of running the Entitlement Balance [Summary] report, I would run the Holiday Accruals report (Reports>>Holiday Accruals) after running the pay.

Note: Due to the way New Zealand Holiday Acts works I would recommend speaking to an accountant in regards to that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post