User
New Zealand
HKPay
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Casual Employee Setup

Hi. We have an employee who was working 40hrs a week but is now studying and has dropped his hours to around 24 (3x8hrs) a week. Can we swap him onto casual hours & pay his holiday pay as we go? If so how would we go about that?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,905 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9905Posts

1086Kudos

1395Solutions

Re: Casual Employee Setup

Hi @HKPay

Given their contract is changing, I’d start them with a brand new employee record inside the NZ Payroll program. By starting them as a new record for the casual contract it will start them afresh and avoid any issues caused by trying to change them from one employment type to another.

In terms of setting up this new casual employee, I recommend checking out our help articles, Adding an employee and Setting up holiday pay for casual employees, which step through how to setup an employee and the few unique steps to set them up as a casual employee

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,304 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2304Posts

936Kudos

295Solutions

Re: Casual Employee Setup

Hi @HKPay @Neil_M

Technically he is still working regular hours for you - therefore not deemed a casual employee - he would be permanent part time. What will you do with the leave owing - pay it out - or transfer it to the new employee code. You would need to transfer it as annual leave as an opening balance.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post