MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Changing anniversary date for new employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User krispy
27 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
krispy
Experienced User

27Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Changing anniversary date for new employee

Hi

We have a casual employee who is being made full time.  His leave has been included each pay.  I understand I have to create a new profile in NZ Payroll for him.  As a goodwill gesture, the company wants to credit the time he has worked for us towards his annual leave entitlement.  ie the six months he has worked as a casual.  Can I set him up with a start date as 3 December 18 but change his leave anniversary date as June 2019.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,941 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29941Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Re: Changing anniversary date for new employee

Hi @krispy

Not setting the annual leave anniversary date to be 12 months after the start date can cause you some trouble down the track, as the holiday anniversary will not roll.

If it was me, I would set the start date of that employee to be June 2018. This way the anniversary will update when you do require it. The downside of this is in June 2018, once that entitlement has rolled you would need to reduce the Annual leave due as at xx/xx/xxxx value to ensure they only get that 6-month entitlement.

*I have assumed you don't have a common holiday leave anniversary date

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User krispy
27 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
krispy
Experienced User

27Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.  We don't have a common anniversary date.

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,375 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2375Posts

983Kudos

299Solutions

Hi @krispy

What you are effectively doing is giving him leave entitlement from his original start date of June 2018 - so I would leave his start date, and annual leave anniversary at that date, and the sytem will give him a full years entitlement at June and pay out leave at the average of the last 12 months earnings including gross earnings where you have already paid him 8% Hol Pay. Put something in the notes about him changing from casual to full time employment, so you have a record of it.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post