Email not Working - Payroll OR Accountright on new laptop Windows 10, outlook 2010

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
CT_jp
1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand
CT_jp
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Email not Working - Payroll OR Accountright on new laptop Windows 10, outlook 2010

Hi

Payroll OR Accountright on new laptop Windows 10, outlook 2010

I realise there are many posts regarding this problem I have spent many hours working through solutions but still nothing works.

I am running both MYOB programmes as Administrator

The error I get with Account right is  very generic " Error sending Email.  1 or 1 emails are not sent, please try sending email again" which I course I have done many times and get same error.

The error I get with Payroll is - You must set up a Microsoft Outlook profile.  Go to...."  of which I have checked.  in mail (32 bit) and it exists and seems fine.  I can only use one of the email sending options from payrol due to outlook being 2010, and not being able to use the SMTP option due to email hosting.

Outlook is my Default email software and is working fine in every way.

I have deactivated the mail app that comes with windows 10.

Please and ideas on what next?

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Re: Email not Working - Payroll OR Accountright on new laptop Windows 10, outlook 2010

Hi @CT_jp

Based on the error message from the Payroll, that would seem to suggest that the email is hitting Outlook, but it is not finding a default profile within Outlook to send the emails through. It would be worth double checking that there is indeed a default profile setup within Outlook and set as the default profile.

This would also account for the error message coming out of AccountRight, which is a generic error basically advising that something prevented the email from being sent through Outlook. There’s no one cause for this error message as it can be caused by a range of environmental issues, however based on the other error message it would suggest the potential cause is a lack of an Outlook profile set as a default

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post