Emailing Payslips not coming through complete

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Emailing Payslips not coming through complete

Good morning, we are running Payroll 2015.1, Accountright 2014.3, Outlook 2013

We email our payslips out to our employees but they seem to get them at different levels of download, some have a complete payslip with all information, usually the xtra.co.nz accounts. The gmail.com, icloud.com, outlook.com seem to miss off hours, rates, all wording seems to come through but not numbers.

If they send the email back to my computer in the office then it looks fine as does the sent email on outlook.

Everyone is receiving and downloading on their iphone 4S, 5S or samsung 5 or 6.  

Any ideas please.

Thanks, Barbara

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,329Kudos

529Solutions

Re: Emailing Payslips not coming through complete

Hello @harper23

If they appear fine when the email them back to your computer in the office, then the files themselves have all the information (if they didn't it wouldn't be possible for it to be there on your computer when they send you back the exact same attachment they've received). The software on their phones that is being used to view the attachments is not showing them properly.

The software used would depend on the phone and whether their accessing their email through the phone browser, or using the phones email software, and also whether or not they are viewing the attachment using the email software or browser or downloading it first. If being viewed in the browser, how it's displayed would also depend on the email provider. If they are having trouble viewing the payslip properly on their phones, they should open them on a laptop or desktop.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Hi thanks for reply, I have been trying to catch up with our employees to clarify, one says he opens on his home computer and it is missing exactly the same as if he downloads off his phone.

The payslip seems to cut off aft the Less Post Tax Deduction line so missing are lines:

Net Pay

Direct credit details

Total Payments

Net Employer Super contributions

Annual leave details

I got one employee to send it back to me again and after he downloads onto his phone it is missing when it reaches back to my desktop computer at work.

Barbara

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Hi @harper23

So we can investigate this further for you are able to confirm the below information:

• What email option with Payroll are you using to send those Payslips? i.e. SMTP or your own email program. If you are using your own email program, you did mention Outlook 2013 is that a 32 bit or a 64 bit verison?
  • What PDF program do you have installed on your computer?
  • What PDF program does the employee have installed?
  • Does the payslip look correct if the employee opens it on an actual computer rather than a mobile device?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Sorry for long time in between reply, end of month stuff.

We are not using SMTP in Payroll as it won't send, I tick the box "send from own software".

No one here knows how to find out about the 32 bit or 64 bit version.

PDF program is Adobe.

All employees PDF programes are whatever Iphones and Galaxy have?

Payslip does not look different on laptop from their phones. Sometimes the payslips come through fine, other times missing lines, sometimes just a little black box.

I am emailing them all to my iphone xtra.co.nz address now and then resending them to their outlook.com, icloud.com and gmail.com phones and they are coming through ok.

Thanks, Barbara

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @harper23

Thank you for confirming that information

If you are using your own email software does the attachment look correctly if you are opening it on your computer i.e. from the email? If so then Payroll is correctly sending the information to the email program on send it to the recipient. 

As a test would could look at doing a clean reinstall of Payroll. Firstly you would need to make sure that you have a copy of your payroll data, this can be done by navigating to the location of where you keep your payroll folders. The general location and default location is C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll Within this folder there should be your payroll folders i.e. Payroll 1/ Payroll Demo. I would suggest copying those folders out of the location for example copying out the Payroll 1 folder to the desktop on that computer. This way you can keep a backup of your data if required.

Once that data has been completed you can go to the Windows Start menu>>Control Panel>>Programs and Features/Add and remove a program>>Select the MYOB Payroll 201x and then select Uninstall. This will uninstall the program, just follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the program. When you have uninstalled the program I would also manually delete the Payroll folders just to make sure that all the data has been removed. You would need to make sure that you remove the MYOB folder from C:\Users\Public\Data. Also go into the delete the Payroll folder from C:\Program Files\MYOB.  When that has been completed, go to the Start Menu, in the bottom left of the start menu there is an option to search files and folders search for “%TEMP%” (without the quote marks). This will bring up your Temp files on your computer, there may be a folder called MYOB. You would need to delete that MYOB folder.

When you have completed the deletion of those folders, I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of the installer. This can be downloaded from your my.MYOB account by selecting 'My Products->Downloads' after logging in. Make sure that you save that Installer file to the Desktop or download that installer file to an easy accessible location.

Now that you have downloaded a clean installer, I would suggest restarting the program in safe mode. This can be done via restarting the computer and selecting F8 on the keyboard during the booting of the computer and selecting Safe Mode when you get the options in the Windows Advanced options. For more information into restarting your computer in safe mode I recommend speaking to an IT person or taking a look at Windows Article: Safe Mode When you have your computer in Safe Mode, click and run the installer to follow the prompts to install the program.

After you have installed the program into safe mode, turn off the program and restart in “normal” mode. You should have access to Payroll now. To get your data back after the reinstall, copy the folder from the desktop i.e. the Payroll 1 folder and paste into the Path where the data files reside i.e. C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll When that has been copied, restart Payroll and you should have access to your payroll data.

For more information into doing a clean reinstall of Payroll please see Support Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling Payroll 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Steven, thanks for such a detailed reply. We won't be uninstalling and reinstalling as if anything goes wrong we are rural and it is hard to get someone here to fix it up. The boss would not be happy at all.

The payslips do go through alright for some emails but not others so we will just leave it.

Our logic is that this computer is only 9 months old and MYOB Payroll should just work on it. We will print off payslips for the employees concerned.

Thank you for all your help, the forum is a great resource.

Barbara

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Hi @harper23

You are welcome. I've done some more digging and asking around for you. The only thing that we could think of would be a third party program like an antivirus or firewall is stripping the data out of that PDF when emailing. The only real way to test that would be to temporarily disabling your antivirus and firewall when sending, also get the recipients to do the same.

In saying that the information I have been able to dig up is that selecting to reemail the payslip generally works fine, maybe something that is worth a try in your case. Support Note: Re-printing or re-emailing payslips in Payroll would have the steps on completing that task.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post