Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Error message when emailing payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Evalyn
4 Posts
User
Evalyn

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error message when emailing payslips

HI

I just uninstalled and installed Payroll and the pDF generator..as I was getting amyuni error msgs.. Now after installing payroll , i still cant send emails or generate a PDF as now the error says: unable to load printer driver!!

I am so fed up with payroll.. Since the time i have gotten this, instead of making my life easy, I seem to be spending hours online trying to solve a new problem every couple of weeks!! What a mistake this was..

If someone can help, I would really appreciated it.

THank you so much..

Frustrated in Payroll :-(

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11596Posts

1335Kudos

1632Solutions

Re: Error message when emailing payslips

HI @Evalyn

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

As unable to load printer driver is a bit of a generic Windows message, and given that it has only come up after the reinstall, suggests that the reinstall might not have completed as expected.

Before we resolve this, are you able to make sure you have an up to date backup of your payroll file, as a completely clean install may help resolve some of these issues you have been facing.

Are you able to start by removing the MYOB AO PDF Generator printer from your Devices and Printers section of your Windows Control Panel. As this is the printer that Payroll uses when it tries to print or email if that hadn’t reinstalled properly it can cause a number of issues. Once the printer has been removed to get it back you will need to uninstall and reinstall Payroll.

The uninstall can be done in the normal fashion through the Programs and Features section of your Windows system. Once the Payroll program has been uninstalled, to perform a clean reinstall two folders need to be renamed. These folders are:

C:\Program Files\MYOB\Payroll

C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll

Are you able to rename both of these Payroll folders to Payrollold or something similar. These are the default locations for the program folders and if you have installed the program into a different location then you will need to go to that location.

When you come to reinstall the program, you will need to make sure that you right click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator. This will ensure the program installs with full Windows Admin permissions and should avoid any permission related issues with the installation and operation of the program.

When the Payroll program is installing, you want to ensure that no other programs are running, including programs such as the antivirus software. Please make sure that if you are disabling your antivirus software for a prolonged period of time that you disconnect the computer from the internet to avoid the risks of an unprotected computer on the internet. Once the program is installed you are able to re-enable your antivirus software.

Once all other programs have been disabled, just let the installer run throughout a period of time that you won’t need the computer, such as overnight. This is particularly true if the computer runs Windows 10 as the first step of the installer can take some time to appear. The reinstall needs to be done this way to ensure that all the drivers are installed properly onto the system

Once you get past the first step, which will have the Unpacking the Installer message in the installer window, the rest of the installation can be completed relatively quickly by clicking through the screens that come up and is followed at the end of the process by a restart of your computer.

Please do let us know how you get on with this reinstall,

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post