Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Essentials Payroll and Payday Filing

Since updating MYOB Payroll with Payday Filing, the emailed pay slips have been arriving to employees as pdf in Landscape orientation across two pages, rather than previous Portrait orientation on one page. Any ideas of how to fix?

15 REPLIES 15
Contributing Cover User karenham
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Essentials Payroll and Payday Filing

Yes - same problem for me.  I did try to get it resolved on chat yesterday but wasnt able to use the chat forum for NZ payroll

Contributing Cover User Janet-frta
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Karen - it isn't a big thing as at least the Pay Slips do actually email, but seems strange the orientation has changed and people don't like it spread over two pages.  Did 'Chat' give you any ideas yesterday on what to do?

I have tried all the File/Page Print etc options which all seem to be set correctly for A4/Portrait size print including on the MYOB payroll print setup.

22 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes Ive done the same - checked settings etc.  Alas after waiting on the chat line for 55 minutes, they advised that chat cannot advise at all on NZ Payroll . . . Smiley Sad

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Not much point me ringing then as that was going to be my next process ...... maybe someone 'in the know' will check these posts and come up with an answer.   Must be something to do with Payday Filing update as was fine up until then. Thanks for your response - at least we know we are 'not alone'!

Janet

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Janet-frta  & @karenham 

Just testing the email pay slip functionality in MYOB Payroll (Desktop) 2018.3 it does correctly produce a portrait PDF pay slip for that employee, rather than a landscape copy.

If you are experiencing a different situation I would recommend checking your page set up in Payroll. This can be done through the File>>Page Setup option. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steve - yes that was the first setting I checked when realised it had happened. It is set to A4 Page and Portrait orientation.

22 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, like Janet, I have tested all my settings and they are fine.  I think payslips stay on 1 page when you view them, but if you convert them to a PDF (which I do for filing and printing purposes), it seems to split over two pages.  I noted one of my reports which should have been on 1 page, did the same thing once I saved it as a PDF

22 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven - just another thing, its still printing in portrait (not landscape), just splitting it over two pages.  

Thanks

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes that is the same for me Karen - splitting only once the pdf goes through. Printing direct from MYOB Payroll details is fine.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post