Kiwisaver included in Salary Remuneration

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HCL
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Kiwisaver included in Salary Remuneration

Hi

I just want to clarify an employee who has an hourly rate of $38 p/hr but in their IEA it is written that kiwisaver is included in their remuneration package.

Can you please confirm how to set this up in MYOB Payroll.

I have set up the hourly rate at $38 p/hr and set up and I have entered a Pay at 57.5 hrs, but I don't understand the payslip details, refer to attachement.

Could you please clarify the Salary Sacrifice showing at 2.83% at $61.84, and how is the calculation of the Net Employer Superannuation Contribution of $85.47 made up of.

When I look at the Payroll Summary Report it shows the Employer Super amount $127.38, I can't match it to what is on the Payslip.

Can you please confirm if what I have entered in is correct, and how I can track Kiwisaver to both reports and explain that the employee is actually paying the kiwisaver employer portin in the Salary Sacrifice.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Kiwisaver included in Salary Remuneration

Hi @HCL 

When processing a pay within MYOB Payroll, you can select the Super button and it will give you more of an insight into what is occurring with the superannuation for that particular pay. 

In your case, the following window would have likely been shown if you selected that option:

Capture.PNG

To go into specifics, the $127.38 on the Payroll Summary Report is the Gross multiplied by the employee contribution rate (Employer contribution (funded by the employer) and Employer contribution (funded by salary sacrifice)). Or in other words, 2123.16 x 6% = 127.38.

In terms of the 2.83%, the employer contribution (funded by salary sacrifice) entered value includes an additional component that is not included when the pay is processed. From memory, it's the ACC Earner Levy value that is removed from that percentage to give you a slightly lower percentage when processing the pay. 

Generally speaking, the employer contribution (funded by salary sacrifice) option is not used within the softwre. Typically, if you are needing the Kiwisaver included in the salary you would enter the rate excluding that superannuation amount. This way you have the rate and super is calculated on top of that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post