13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Payroll - One Drive

We are currently running Payroll with the data file stored on a shared drive on our server as we have two people that access it (My Accounts manager usually but I am the backup if she is away), this works well, however we are about to shut down our server and have tranfered all data to One Drive for Business (Team folders) - I can get either user to work from One Drive but if the second logs on it corrupts the file (With first logged off) error message is can't find back link - I suspect it may be because the file path is different for each user. Any ideas.

All the other files (Payday filing, backup etc work fine from One Drive. It also works fine with the data file stored locally and the other files (Backup etc in the cloud)

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,606 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,606Posts

4,500Kudos

4,883Solutions

Re: MYOB Payroll - One Drive

Hi @cathyp 

MYOB Payroll (Desktop - NZ software) is not intended to have the data file stored on a server or a network or a cloud service like One Drive. We do recommend storing the data file locally with the Path where data files reside (Tools>>Option>>System) set to be that stored location of the payroll folders.

In theory putting aside the larger potential for corruption and MYOB recommendations, you can have those data files stored in a different location like a server or network, however, if that location was to changed between computers/users then you would not be able to access that data.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post