MYOB the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - MYOB Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - MYOB Payroll

Error message: 'MYOB the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send' - Have uploaded a screen shot. I've never had this error occur before!

I could not pull my journal entries through from Payroll to Accountright plus as I normally would today when I processed the weekly payrun. Not had this error message before. I checked all the cost centers were identical in payroll to accountright and can't see why it wouldn't have worked as normal. Looked for this error online but found nothing. Any other users experienced this ever please?

Upon checking into MY.MYOB online account I noted that my credit card expired end January 2019. I've since updated it with the new card number - but wonder if MYOB have locked my account or something and this is why the journal didn't pull through. Be grateful to know what is going on please and if anyone else has experienced this occuring. 

MYOB please reinstate the account if you've put a stop on things working as usual - you can re-run the payment for Feb now I've updated payment details. Hope to hear soon and that I can try sending the pay journal again to MYOB in the hope it will eventually work. Otherwise will be a lot of manual entry work for me in accountright. 

Sorry if payment was delayed due to credit card expirey. I don't recall receiving a reminder from MYOB to notify me that you needed card details updating due to expired card. Cheers Sophia

2019-02-06_2100.png
4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - MYOB Payroll

Hi @Soph_TBL

The AccountRight 2018 company file located in the cloud looks correct at our end and should be able to receive those journals.

What I think has occurred for you is that you have been affected by a recent change to the API (which interacts with Payroll and AccountRight to pass those journals) in relation to updating the security protocols*. I would recommend going through NZ Payroll Support Note: MYOB Payroll TLS security change and download that patch for that version. Do ensure that you have NZ Payroll and AccountRight closed prior to downloading.

*Due to various circumstances the switchover was delayed until yesterday (06/02/2019) hence why it was working in the past and why it may not be working as intended now.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: MYOB the underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - MYOB Payroll

Hi Steve. Thanks for heads up and hopefully a fix. I've not got to it yet as have had a lot other things take priority but will have to sort before next payrun. I'll give it a go with the patch and see if fixes it. Fingers crossed. Cheers Sophia
Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steve, yes this patch fixed it and now cost center figures are pulling through to journals in Accountright. So anyone else having this issue - can download the patch: http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/suppr/MYOB+Payroll+TLS+security+change 

Only thing now is I've lost the mapping to my api bank file folder. That's likely because I also uninstalled and reinstalled the software prior to your solution, thinking that it would fix it. Think it's deleted the folder where it normally stores the api payment files. So will need to go in and create the folder again so they pull through. Again I received the "underlying connection message" so payroll payment file didn't go anywhere, but it did pull the journals through. So I had to do a manual upload of the pay in bank account as didn't know at time what was going on and no time to muck around. 

So in Payroll the path filename for direct credit says C:\MYOB\DIRECT CREDITS BANK\Wages.afi                 

and the IR File path says  C:\MYOB\IR FILE\             

But there is no longer either of those files to correspond in C drive directory for the files to pull through to. Do I create a file named MYOB in C drive with a sub folder called DIRECT CREDITS BANK for first one?

And second one - create another sub folder under the MYOB one in C drive which is called IR FILE ? 

Hope that makes sense. Cheers again Sophia

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Soph_TBL 

If you are do not showing those particular folders in those locations these can be created through Windows Explorer. If you are creating those folders I would recommend navigating to the Bank & IRD tab within Payroll and re-selecting those folders (selecting the button with three dots and navigating to the required folder). This will ensure that it is linked appropriately.

Alternatively, you can select any existing folder that you would like it to be. It doesn't have to be those folder paths, you can set it to be another location (as long as it's not your computer). For example, for my testing, I have it all set to go to the Desktop* for easy access.  You just need to select the appropriate folder in for that option in the Bank & IRD tab of the Options.

*Probably not something I would suggest to a client unless they were having trouble finding it but certainly a folder on the Desktop could be a recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post