NZ PayDay Filling

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Roxy88
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

NZ PayDay Filling

Hi All,

So we have just recently moved payroll software from MacBusiness to MYOB Essentials - which our Feb19 Payroll processed via MacBusiness and Mar19 Payroll via MYOB Essentials.

Understand that for Feb19 we will still need to lodge the IR reports manually and technically we could start on PayDay Filling in Mar19.

But then, I have missed read the email from MYOB that we will need to set the PayDay Filling first then process the Mar19 Payroll.

Now that we have processed Mar19 Payroll which assuming we will need to lodge the IR manually for Mar19?

Then assuming we will need to setup the PayDay filling on the 1st of April 19 prior to processing the Apr19 Payroll?

Correct?

Thank you so much...

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: NZ PayDay Filling

Hi @Roxy88 

My understanding, and probably something that you want to speak to the IRD about is that you can only start Payday filing, if you haven't processed a pay in that particular month.

In your case, you have processed that pay in the month and thus would need to set up payday filing at the end of the March ahead of April. You would also need to continue to file your IRD Returns for the month of March as you have been doing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Roxy88
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven - much appreciated.

So assuming I will need to setup on 1st of April then?

R

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Roxy88 

Based on the information provided and my understanding, yes you would need to start PayDay filing as of April.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post