Partner Zone
Partner Zone

NZ Payroll back up

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User TRCW
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
TRCW
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

NZ Payroll back up

I have recently set up NZ payroll which is desktop software and not part of AR premier as in Australia.  I want to back up the payroll and am using the path -

C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\Payroll/Back ups from Oct 16

However whenever I try and back up I get a message which says:

Back up not completed.  Could not create output file as.

C\users\acounta\appdata \local\temp\58 ...

was replacing the original zip file.

What am I doing wrong!

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Experienced Partner Aspire_Advice
15 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Aspire_Advice
Experienced Partner

15Posts

28Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: NZ Payroll back up

Hi @TRCW

Can you try changing the location to the desktop just to test if it's an issue with the path you are trying to save to? If it works to the desktop then I suggest changing the path to a different folder.

If it still has the same error then I am not quite sure, maybe a technical issue? Could try uninstalling MYOB Payroll and reinstalling in the first instance?

Thanks, Sarah Smiley Happy

Jane Boekhoff
Consultant
Aspire Solutions Ltd
jane@aspiresolutions.co.nz - 0800 696 248
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,398 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11398Posts

1303Kudos

1606Solutions

Hi @TRCW

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Great to see @Aspire_Advicehas offered some great advice so quickly, I do hope you found that helpful in checking what could be going on with your backups.

Something else to check as it has been known to cause problems in the past, is the Payroll name. You can check this by going to Tools and then Options. You will see the Payroll Name displayed at the top of the screen and if you have the contact tab open then you will see the Trade Name as well.

Are you able to check both of these and remove any symbols from them, as in some cases these symbols have interfered with the backup process. If you don’t have any symbols in the names are you able to highlight and delete the names and re-enter them. This will ensure that there are no symbols

The other thing to try would be what Sarah suggests, to try backing up to a different location. This can help indicate if there is a permissions issue as certain folders and areas of a computer may have different permissions to prevent users writing to certain folders.

Do let us know how you get on with these tests

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User TRCW
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
TRCW
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks! You were right - the path was not working - so have created new Payroll Folder and backed up to it and all fine. Cheers
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post